Council of Captains Discussion Thread

Ok, we could propose that ggoreo or the next admin publish all PMs sent by everyone complaining here about the group PM, with all recipients and personal details redacted.

2 Likes

How is this being glossed over.

How does someone even say something like this with a straight face.

I know we humans try to justify our actions after the fact but holy shit.

15 Likes

Iā€™m high baby!

5 Likes

Hi smrk, this is cassette.

After Saboā€™s ban, MysterConman stuck up for Jmakin and said Saboā€™s post deserved a temp ban. He got a bunch of hearts and Micro also said something like, ā€œYeah Sabo can be an asshole sometimes.ā€

My most liked post in the PM thread was telling people to go easy on J, give him a wide berth, heā€™s having a hard time.

Yeah there was also some Mean Girls shit. But this was in no way a coordinated effort to burn down the forum. From my perspective it was always the exact opposite. We tried for days, across hundreds or posts, to talk about all this in public and were mostly told to be quiet. So people talked in private. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Learn to read.

So much gaslighting going on ITT. I guess when your mask gets ripped off thatā€™s all you have left. Really grosses me out.

3 Likes

Having you engage with me or not isnā€™t my objective, my objective is that you donā€™t leave this place without at least for a moment hearing that you did some super shady shit to people, and helped destroy something that was greater than any of us individually, because you didnā€™t get what you wanted on the timetable that you wanted it on, in a democratically run community.

3 Likes

What is the gaslighter version and what is the truth?

1 Like

If you have to expand your PM to 50 posters, itā€™s really not a PM anymore.

I donā€™t agree with reading it or publishing it. But letā€™s get off the fainting couches about privacy.

2 Likes

Amazing

5 Likes

In your very own words:

ā€œā€¦and leaning into your indignation as if it has jack shit to do with anything other than your feelings. Who gives a fuck?ā€

Keep rereading what you wrote until you realize it applies to you.

Why clarify your thoughts when you can just gaslight yourself.

4 Likes

Really more of a constitutional republic than a democracy amirite. Minus the term limits

2 Likes

I agree and I should get a large fraction of the blame, if not a majority of it.

Jesus fucking Christ man, how long did it take God to deliver the Israelites, maybe it was because they had it a lot easier than you guys here and it took a few centuries.

1 Like

IMO everyone posting itt should be forced to do so under their original username.

No more ghosts, cryptic new usernames or pseudonyms.

Stand by your posts.

This isnā€™t directed at you JT but would apply.

1 Like

Different people feel differently about privacy. Some allow all cookies, some prevent them. Some use google, others use Duck And Go etc etc.

Sure a 50 person PM is like a sub forum but it only grew to that when keed moved onto shrooms and lovingly invited half the forum lol.

You couldnā€™t make this stuff up.

6 Likes

You asked for evidence that Sabo was chastised and J defended and I provided some. What do you want to talk about next? I really donā€™t understand your anger. Jmakin accelerated the timeline, not me or ā€œusā€.

3 Likes

My man, look at the thread if you still have access to it and show me the reprimand Sabo received for the post he made. Iā€™m not angle shooting, Iā€™m going by memory, if somebody said Sabo thatā€™s out of line and I missed it, Iā€™ll take a big fat L, immediately.

The need for a simple alignment (x bad y good) is making people here take some really awkward positions.

and gaslighting is easily the worst word ever invented.

4 Likes