Coronavirus (COVID-19)

My friend has recovered. However he’s a bit shaken by the experience. The rumors of asymptomatic people being able to spread and fears of it being possible to be reinfected has him a bit skittish. I hope it will die down so he doesn’t have to be so nervous.

Thankfully he went immediately to the hospital when he experienced symptoms. Who knows what would’ve happened if he ignored it?

1 Like

I think Troly’s sarcasm may have met an untimely death at the hands of Poe’s Law.

1 Like

Or he confused him with right wing guy Niall Ferguson.

1 Like

Hmm I guess that’s probably the deal actually.

1 Like

They should both be shot into the sun, just to be safe.

3 Likes

Because I’m a masochist I googled “Niall Ferguson Coronavirus”, his take is disappointingly boring (he thinks it might be bad). He did at least take the opportunity to have a passing mild pop at climate change, though—he’s always thought pandemics will get us, not all this hippy nonsense. Thanks, guys.

3 Likes

I feel like we are really in the dark about how this is going in China but man that cruise ship seems awful.

Also this is the only forum I use but I spend a lot of time on Discord. Never used reddit and no interest although sometimes I get linked to it.

reddit is the ugliest website I’ve ever seen. Never got the hype (lol me).

2 Likes

As for forums I use regularly, it’s this and a handful of subreddits.

For me, reddit is a resource more than anything else. I have been jailbreaking my iPhone since the very early days of such a thing and r/jailbreak is the best place for all that stuff. Sometimes good local info on r/losangeles. And I need to look at cute pictures of animals several times a day, so for that there’s r/aww.

2 Likes

I only use reddit because there’s at least some people posting about anything you could imagine. Want to find people playing a 15 year old video game? Want to know how much grubhub drivers make? it’s there

1 Like

I only use reddit for r/sumo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/coronavirus-china-live-updates/2020/02/10/67115416-4b9a-11ea-bf44-f5043eb3918a_story.html

China reports 1,011 dead, including 103 on Monday, and about 42,000 cases of coronavirus. More than 6,000 of the affected patients were in critical condition, authorities said Monday.

So the guy that’s been live-blogging from the Diamond Princess has now announced that he feels sick. Like we’re literallly at that horror movie point where just everyone on the ship gets it and hundreds die. Probably more given the population of cruisers on these types of cruises.

3 Likes

Xi is now being featured in Chinese media wrt the virus after being conspicuously out of the picture.

Seems to indicate that the central government is feeling more confident about the situation.

2 Likes

What would you guys do if you were trapped on this ship? It was obvious from the outset this would turn into a horror film. How would you ESCAPE FROM DIAMOND PRINCESS with your life?

1 Like

i’d call my insurance company and get a team of commandos to extract my ass with like machine guns and helicopters and shit

or just jump off the side, because i know how to swim. just kick your legs and move your arms if you want. it’s easy.

9 Likes

But if you jump in, you’d be CONTAINED like an AOC voter in OOT by the Japanese military. Not sure if that’s good or bad, just sayin’.

1 Like

people were starting to speculate he fled the country. he could just be doing this to prevent a billion people from freaking the fuck out.

Hope you have good diving form, because that’s a serious drop. The obvious answer is to start a fire or something and force them to put you on lifeboats.