Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I went to REI two weeks ago and bought a ton of freeze-dried food baggies. They still had a sale if you bought over 10 of them - lol.

Also I just went to Lindbergh Nutrition. I can confirm that there has not been a run on protein powder yet - which could always help keep you alive in a pinch.

Should’ve taken a photo for peopleofwalmart.com

1 Like

Yeah they are, but beggars/choosers.

vegas costco closed an hour ago

crazy stuff

At least grocery stores will stay in business and hire more people. They’ll probably still find ways to lose money though.

It would be really hard for me not to cough on that person

Sad human alert. I was in Costco an hour ago to get my wife’s contacts and a few non-panic items. Saw a couple who had to be in their 70’s or 80’s and the husband had tears in his eyes. He couldn’t lift the case of bottled water into his cart. I watched at least a dozen people walk right by. When I got to where he was I stopped, blocking the aisle and asked permission to help them. So did another guy. They were so grateful. They offered to buy my things and I refuse and offered to take them through the store to help. They said no, but a Costco employee walked up and told them he was going to help them finish shopping. Really, people couldn’t be bothered to stop and help a crying old man ? This has gotten out of control.

Facebook user bravely reports his own gallant actions. We may need a separate Costco coronavirus thread.

9 Likes

Just found out my kid’s preschool is closing for 3 weeks. What are people with young kids doing now? I can’t just plop her in front of the TV for 40 hours a week, even if I wanted to. She hardly has any interest in that. Watches maybe an hour a week as of right now.

My wife’s friends are suggesting childcare swaps. Like 2 or 3 kids come over here 1-2 days a week and our kid goes to theirs 3-4 days a week. I trust these parents to keep my kid safe and happy in normal times, but I’m not sure about that under a pandemic. I talked to one of the dads about it this morning and he was rubbing his face the whole time, lol.

1 Like

Someone really needs to teach the elderly about Instacart right now. Or at least get their asshole kids to order shit for them on Instacart.

Is that pepper’s cousin?

1 Like

Dad report… Friday 1845

• Out to a meeting? :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Extra precautions :no_entry_sign:
  • Tea/Coffee-biscuits :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Hand Shaking? :no_entry_sign:

2100 trip report

2 passengers, 5 mile round trip, home and everything is OK.

:angry:

Where do you live? Are there any parks near you where you could take her to go play a bit without being around other people? I take it you’ll be working from home?

Got enough space to set up a play room?

Miami Mayor reportedly tested positive for COVID19. He was around The same Brazilian officials, evidently.

Prominent NYC restaurant group shutting down all 19 of their restaurants. Staff will get paid, “through the next pay period.”

[Side note: Meyer is also involved w/ Shake Shack, which, if that were to go under, well, I just don’t know, man…]

Yeah there’s plenty of outdoor space. My worry is that I need to work. From home, thankfully, but it is non-optional. I work 50 hours a week as of right now.

She’s 4, so old enough to play on her own a bit, but when I’m around she is used to my 100% undivided attention. Like I’m literally playing games, telling stories, cooking with her, playing music and whatnot all of the time to make up for all the time I’m gone. It’s going to be a problem.

1 Like

I feel you. This is a huge concern. I’m officially wfh starting Monday. My daughter is in daycare and I don’t know what the fuck I’m gonna do if they shut it down.

1 Like

And yet both the schools my daughters go to and the one one of them works at are closed. Dunno about the rest first hand.

Start making a plan. The only reason I know my daughter’s school is closing is because I know a staff insider. They haven’t even told the parents yet.

PSA:

New thread for parents over here:

1 Like