Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Is she still at that golden age where books are the best thing ever?

Reminds me of this:

https://twitter.com/writerjunehur/status/961018182164197376

I may be tearing up a little at work right now.

7 Likes

Senator Lindsey Graham will self-isolate after attending an event with President Donald Trump that a Brazilian political aide went to and later tested positive for the virus

shame

I’m actually pleasantly surprised by Republican governor in Ohio. He seems to be ahead of most states despite only 5 cases confirmed in the state and the first just a couple days ago. He’s still too late if 1% are really infected already.

1 Like

Right; they took it down so can no longer get numbers there. I’m not sure if someone told them to or they were worried that the numbers are gonna start growing exponentially and so stopped before it became a thing or they just figured at this point it doesn’t matter anymore because everyone has been walking around infecting each other for weeks now.

The hospital my wife works at in Seattle is running out of hand sanitizer… supposedly getting some replacement kind ‘soon’

Game makers. Information from the last 20 post. O and Amazon.

Is Amazon going to be able to ship goods to people when everything shuts down? I’ve been wondering about what orders I need to get in now.

Went to a large grocery store and a Walgreens today in search of two thermometers so that we’d have one for each person in my household. Both were completely sold out. Checked Amazon and even they had much of their thermometers out of stock, but was able to find one cheap one available. Got to admit, it was pretty weird seeing empty shelves at the pharmacy.

Sam’s Club had like 40+ 6 packs of lysol wipes left on Sunday… we only got one but we already have a ton.

I think the fact that rich [black] NBA millionaires can get insta-tested, but they can’t, has finally stimulated the Chiefsplanet lizard brains.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1238087381049389056

No shame at all.

8 Likes

Really makes the ratfucking that much more painful

Best thing to stock up on is Zachary’s chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. It’s only $1 for an “egg crate” which has 12 chocolate covered marshmallow eggs in it. Walgreens, Kroger, Walmart sell it. Best candy out there and best deal out there but only around Easter. I have about 8 crates at home right now but need to run to Walgreens/Kroger this weekend and get another few dozen in case the supplies dwindle until after Easter when it’ll be too late for the next 11 months.

1 Like

Half of Trump’s supporters will think Pence is blaming the media for downplaying the seriousness of the outbreak, and forget where they originally heard it.

Johnson and Johnson going to sell a lot product.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1238110096334479364?s=09

All I know is if Amazon can’t deliver my copy of FF7 in a month I’ll be breaking quarantine.

1 Like

US in 13 days time…

Coronavirus has claimed 1,016 lives in Italy, officials say, but Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio says he hopes his country will be the first in Europe to get over the emergency.

Another 188 people died over 24 hours.

However, Mr Di Maio told the BBC the measures imposed in the first area of the outbreak were proving effective.

Two weeks after the first 10 towns in northern Italy were declared a “red zone” and put under lockdown, he said they had no new infections.

This then served as a model to tighten measures across the country.

Italy has now seen 1,016 deaths, amid a total number 15,113 infections. Civil protection officials say 1,258 have recovered, although the number of cases has gone up by 2,651 since Wednesday. Italy is the world’s worst-hit country after China.

“Italy was the first nation in Europe to be affected so badly,” said Mr Di Maio. “But I hope it also means that Italy is the first one to leave the emergency behind.”

Visited my 84 yo mother in assisted living today. Been in her ear for awhile now, and I think she’s on board. Stocked up and seems resigned to isolation. The place seems on it’s toes finally. Setting up checkpoint on the driveway to check everyone entering. Cancelling all meetings and gatherings.

I had a slight meltdown on the way home. We’re both in high risk categories and will be last in line for medical care if the shit hits the fan big time. May be quite awhile until I can give her a big hug again.

9 Likes

Austria is going to close its schools but will offer supervision in schools for children 13 and younger. Not sure how sensible that solution is. It gets parents out of a bind but defeats the purpose of school closures.

1 Like