Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What’s your preferred wiper? Lysol wipes?

(edit: yes, we’re in this timeline now).

1 Like

At least a 4 hour wait time for people that already have medical referrals.

Fuck, stores around here are going to be insane tomorrow and over the weekend. I bought a bunch of pasta and canned shit today, but I might have to make another trip tomorrow, just in case.

I was very considerate, though. A lady wanted low sodium tuna packets and couldn’t find them. I found them and offered them to her, even though I wanted them, too.

1 Like

God bless anyone who lives somewhere you can still find wipes or sanitizer. Just popped by the pharmacy and at least some TP is left. Probably won’t be by tomorrow.

Cool, Congress caught up to the news of like a week ago, maybe two weeks. This bodes really well.

1 Like

Yep, I’m pretty sure that part of project keep-a-toddler-amused-in-64m2 will involve him learning what that black rectangle in the front room actually does. I expect lots of pointing.

2 Likes

Taking one for the team by watching Fox News. Their message:

Keep doing your normal routine as much as possible.

1 Like

To follow up on this since I don’t want to spread disinformation, it appears that this was indeed a hoax, as many people on the internet have posted similar screenshots of the same conversation.

On the subjects of games to play if in lockdown I quite fancy splurging a stupid amount of money on this guy but I’d probably end up falling over and needing to go to an overflowing hospital:

My daughter has a gymnastics meet tomorrow night. We’re going to go (it’s a big facility and won’t be packed with people), but boy, her coaches better rethink the rest of the season. Not the most sanitary of sports.

Would be fitting to get coronavirus on Friday the 13th.

Imagine how brutal it must have been to put up with those little brats in 1918.

“My ball string game broke! I’m bored!”

“Honey I only have 6 more hours of clothes washing to do today, then I will play with you I promise.”

10 Likes

They won’t shut down the subways while school is still in session. Also, if they shut down the subways, the entire city shuts down. Definitely a last resort and I don’t think they’ll do that unless we get like hundreds of deaths or something.

My son is playing Half-Life 2 right now. He’s really into VR (like very report/project he’s done in school is on it) and desperately wants Alyx, but our computers can’t handle the VR requirements. He’s gone HAM with Oculus Quest.

1 Like

In Forsyth and they had early release today and are off tomorrow due to end of quarter. I’m kinda expecting they’ll assess during the long weekend and cancel next week before Monday, but who knows.

Without testing, we don’t know if anyone here has it.

I was documenting the Georgia DOH website’s number of cases daily, but they removed the count altogether yesterday midday after it was at 6 confirmed and 16 presumed in GA yesterday morning.

Now it just says there is community spread outside of China, including in the US, but doesn’t mention at all that it’s in Georgia.

It’s a little higher than that. Total confirmed and presumed is in the 30’s. First confirmed death today, in Cobb County. 67-year old with underlying health issues.

Not until 3/23, unfortunately, but I already have a Vive so I’m good to go once it releases. They should do an early release given the quarantining and social distancing.

1 Like

Drug dealers

I’m not sure what to do. Maybe start hunting, trapping and preserving possums. I’ve got a good dog for this.

1 Like

I’m still playing tennis matches and ALTA starts Saturday morning. What could go wrong touching a ball others are touching over and over again for a few hours?

Had my opponent on Sunday say he’s not shaking hands right now due to Corona; he was prolly in his 60s.

But of course he touched the ball I touched 200+ times during the match.

Tbh this thread has been such a great mix of news, relevant recommendations, and humor, that I’m not sure what I’d be doing without it right now.

16 Likes