Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Yeah I told my mom yesterday I wasn’t going and that I wouldn’t be surprised if the game is canceled. She’s definitely taking this seriously. I’m way more worried about my sister than her now.

1 Like

So the only thing Philly did was ban large crowds? Nothing about anything else?

Man, when will people catch on?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/12/markets-stocks-today-coronavirus/

Dow has worst % day since 1987, almost -10%

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1238174056031162370?s=09

Katie Porter for POTUS

7 Likes

This is simultaneously a very logical response, a good idea, and absolutely fucking terrifying.

1 Like

Finally, March Madness canceled.

GLGL. I don’t blame you. I would be equally careful, just would assume it’s probably for naught.

Yeah, my assumption is that by the time the wife or I know we have it, the other already does as well.

1 Like

Free unavailable tests for everybody!

3 Likes

Free tests don’t matter if they don’t exist.

Neither do free ponies.

4 Likes

Aaaaand my office is all sharing cake

9 Likes

Just informed my boss I’m gonna have to take the next 2 weeks off.

he said ok

I feel relieved, a little guilty, and some other emotions lol

3 Likes

That thread of comments from Trump is bonkers. I mean, he needs to be removed immediately. Congress is leaving hundreds of thousands of people for dead with him in charge. Like extra hundreds of thousands on top of the hundreds of thousands that were already going to die.

Obviously they wont’ do it, it’s just insane.

2 Likes

And the last poll I saw showed she might lose her seat. Send Katie Porter Money

1 Like

Check on txdome

1 Like

First reply is great. I haven’t seen it before.

4 Likes

MD public schools closed for next two weeks. Non essential state employees mandatory telework starting immediately.

Still no word on city employees.

There has to be something liberating about beating coronavirus already. Everybody’s panicking and you’re thinking, “I can get some really good deals on plane tickets right now.”

2 Likes

Starting on monday all hospitals in Germany are ordered to postpone all unnecessary surgeries and interventions that can be postponed indefinitely. This way all capacities can be allocated to make room for corona patients. We have to make shift plans to keep the ICU’s running as much as possible.

2 Likes

I’ve been sick as a dog the last couple days. Spiked a 104 degree temp last night. Have all the signs of this thing, but haven’t travelled outside the US in a long time. Called my doctor who said they didn’t want to see me and to call the health department for a test. Called the health department and they said they weren’t administering tests and gave me a hotline to call. Called the hotline and they said if I haven’t been out of the country or had direct contact with someone known to have COVID-19, they wouldn’t test me and that I just needed to stay home and rest until I haven’t had a fever for 24 hours. Hard to know what I have or how to treat it given all of that.

From Chiefsplanet. Fucking hell.

5 Likes