Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I have a feeling if I give strangers marital advice on the Internet, I’m going to get another lecture from SensiblePerson.

3 Likes

Jbro,

Same. Wife is finally on board in theory. We had a long, somewhat difficult discussion last night about some isolationist behaviors I would like to implement, she accepted but still legit lol’d at my alarm and unease (love you darling).

Tonight, she was all in - state of emergency in MA, Harvard booting kids from dorms in the next 72 hrs, Hubspot is WFH through March (where her best friend works, whom she will actually listen to). Let’s go, coronavirus = bad.

Fast forward 2 hrs and she’s making plans to go to dinner this weekend, Soul Cycle, etc. This won’t break though to her until people start dropping, was also thinking if JT’s prediction that air travel gets 86’d then that might do it too.

2 Likes

Yeah school at work at has spring break next week so I get they are taking the extra week to decide. But they sent out an email today basically asking can you teach online…

If you ever have it again ask them to pull it from the brachial artery rather than the radial. Big needles in the wrist hurt like hell, there isn’t near as many nerves around the brachial artery. Oh and missing an arterial stick isn’t uncommon. I use a dopler about half the time.

@zikzak, see great minds think alike here. I’m telling you you gotta stay away from that venison. CWD is no joke.

2 Likes

Rogan’s posted photos consist of elk and jalapenos daily.

3 Likes

I’m telling y’all, prion disease is just a straight-up terrifying way to die. idk how the jalapenos fit in; I’m pretty sure you don’t get prion disease from them.

http://thispodcastwillkillyou.com/2019/02/20/episode-20-prions-apocalypse-cow/

1 Like

My Drs office offers a concierge service where they rotate you through a bunch of tests over 3-5 years. (Stress test, some kind of arterial scan, some other stuff) It’s for people that aren’t symptomatic and would not be covered by insurance for that reason. Last I looked it was $1200/year.

I’d love to do it, but I’m self insured and I’m paranoid that Obamacare loses in court and then I’m stuck with pre-existing conditions.

Any sane system would take a look at arteries starting at 50 with no family history. Same schedule as colonoscopy.

Crossing my fingers long-lives genetics and heavy exercise outweigh an extra 20lbs and not the best diet (but much better than it was, god I miss potato chips).

Prions are weird man. They basically trick your body into making misfolded version of native proteins and that character is transmissible.

One bite of chicken fried venison and you’ll be a happy prionovore just like me. I mean, just look at it. Glorious!

1 Like

As my wife said, “Oh, it’s in the U.S. Oh, it’s in my state. Oh, it’s in my county. Oh, it’s on my street. Oh, it’s me.”

We’re at the level of people in our town and her school district now, and with this Biogen meeting blowing up, surely someone in our neighborhood soon.

I have a feeling that lots of the it’s just the flu bros. are going to be furious that no one told them this was going to happen.

9 Likes

My dog puked up something very similar looking last week.

6 tested in my country, 0 positives so far. Rest of S.America:

• Brasil: 25
  • Chile: 16
  • Ecuador: 15
  • Argentina: 12
  • Costa Rica: 9
  • Perú: 9
  • República Dominicana: 9
  • México: 7
  • Colombia: 5
  • Panamá: 2
  • Paraguay: 1
1 Like

I guess I’ll add my wife story. She’s allowed to work from home but refuses. Says she’s not in contact with more than a handful of people per day so no big deal. Last week a student worker returned from Italy and worked all day despite officially not being allowed on campus. Her boss was then sneezing and coughing all day. JFK. I’m ded.

2 Likes

E3 has been canceled.

1 Like

As of Tuesday evening, at least 1,004 people in 37 states and Washington, D.C., have tested positive for coronavirus, according to a New York Times database, and at least 31 patients with the virus have died.

The first known U.S. coronavirus case was announced on Jan. 21 in Washington State, but the pace of diagnosis has quickened significantly in recent weeks.

At the start of this month, 70 cases had been reported in this country, most of them tied to overseas travel. Since then, new cases have poured in, first by the dozens, then the hundreds.

Canceling an event scheduled for June? Really?

that makes me think wsop is not looking good

1 Like

Yeah I drew the same conclusion. I wouldn’t be surprised, though, if they tried to shrink the scale of the WSOP and move it to like September or something. Maybe hold the 10K championship events, a few $1500 prelims, a high roller and the Main Event. Field sizes would be way down, but they could still hold it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/KaminskiMK/status/1237577407948701697