Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Russia has now closed it’s border with China.

Friend says there’s a bunch of misinformation going around locally based on rumors, fear and ignorance. For example, he overheard one guy say that his wife was infected with coronavirus three times already.

So yeah, not good. It’s the plot of V for Vendetta developing in China.

I mean probably not but it’d be insane if it was.

WHO yesterday: no big deal
WHO today: entire world must take action

What the fuck are they doing?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/WGNNews/status/1222940569024061440

2 Likes

Fuck fuck fuck.

1 Like

Well that’s not great.

Czech Republic has stopped issuing visas to Chinese citizens. I’m sure the 7,000+ Chinese people living in the CR aren’t enjoying the looks they’re getting. Racism here is bad enough as it is.

:confused:
Same atm here, I’m expecting a headline sometime tomorrow Friday that some poor Asian guy has been assaulted over this.

My university announced that they’re restricting all university-sponsored travel to China for faculty, staff, and students. Effective immediately and in place for at least 5 weeks.

It has now been confirmed that four more people at the same company have also been diagnosed witht the virus. One of them is back in China now. From the news report it is unclear whether this is the original “host”, so it might only be four people that have been infected by him. They are being supervised at the same hospital and doctors are saying they are doing fine and are mostly bored.110 people they have been in contact have been asked to stay at home and also been tested.

Kinds seems like they’re behind the curve here.

My combination Satay was worth it :joy: on Tuesday

1 Like

42577_2792986_5136_5_FULL_1805179899

5 Likes

Czech Republic has 3 suspected cases of coronavirus but that was reported 3 days ago. No update confirming them since then though.

Testing people at Václav Havel Airport before entering the country now. Traveling would suck now.

Ugh. Going on a big vacation in three weeks.

I’m heading on a cruise next week. Cruise line sent an email today saying they’re denying boarding to anyone who’s visited mainland China in the past 30 days. They’re also conducting no-touch temperature checks, for all the good that’ll do.

Embarkation is usually a zoo, but this one promises to be a real nightmare.

Solid top post in this thread on reddit from an etiological researcher

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/ewb1jk/coronavirus_is_declared_global_emergency_by_world/

2 Likes

Is it time to panic? I’m seeing of lots upvoted posts on reddit telling people not to panic which leads me to believe that it might be time to panic.

2 Likes

No of course it’s not time to panic yet.