Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Executive order isn’t a magic wand. Federal government has 0 authority over 50 state elections. Without them there is literally no Congress come December, you think even mitch will go for that?

I don’t think they’ll try to stop the elections unless this thing mutates into something more deadly.

Dr. Deena Hinshaw said on Friday a man in his 40s who lives in the Edmonton zone tested positive for COVID-19. The man had visited Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio before returning to Alberta on Feb. 28.

It’s everywhere.

You in Alberta?

Yeah we’re hitting the phase where people are returning from the US to countries that actually test and what do you know - they have it.

Another reason Trump can’t sweep this under the rug forever. The world banning US travelers is going to be embarrassing as hell. Jman’s nuke scenario comes into play

Didn’t the federal government tell Florida to stop counting?

1 Like

6 Likes

Do people just not get that they can wash their hands with soap instead of using hand sanitizer?

8 Likes

No. I’m in Northwestern Ontario. Seems like it’s very slowly making its way here from all directions.

Congrats on your generational wealth windfall.

Q: But how u ghana paaaaaaay for it?

A: Straight MASKS, homey.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1236054778318393344

Trump saying the quiet part out loud because NOTHING FUCKING MATTERS and HE IS A COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOT.

8 Likes

Do you have a sink in your car?

The supreme Court told one candidate’s brother and state party chairman who didn’t want to count anyway to stop counting ballots for us president, yeah.

That’s not even close to the same thing as not having elections for everything from president to Congress, state Houses governor, City councils, etc. like people seem to think will happen.

Jtfc every time I think I’ve heard the dumbest thing ever he raises the bar.

3 Likes

I feel like I thank this forum for one thing or another every couple months, and this is another one of those times.

I’ve been talking to my family and some friends for about a month now explaining why Coronavirus is something they need to prepare for. A lot of what was predicted weeks ago here is now reality. And this thread has been an excellent source of news and raw information. So again, thanks for making me smarter on this.

Wash your hands and stay safe, Unstuck.

19 Likes

It was odd, the firefighters thought, how many calls were coming from the Life Care nursing facility in Kirkland.

The day before, Thursday, had been especially bad. Five separate calls for respiratory distress or fever. After several calls, the firefighters masked up – they believed something worrisome was spreading, maybe a bad flu.

But it wasn’t the flu. Through the chain of command, firefighters learned that management at Life Care said a resident and a health worker had been tested the week before for coronavirus, or COVID-19, a virus that had been especially cruel to the elderly and infirm.

Evan Hurley, a 9-year veteran with Kirkland Fire and a union trustee, said a firefighter relayed this story: On Friday, the firefighter arrived at Life Care, walked in, and saw a charge nurse in just her scrubs. No mask, no protective gown.

“Hey, you guys are supposed to be in self-quarantine,” the firefighter said.

“No, we’re not,” the nurse replied.

“Well, our chain of command talked to your management, and they say something different.”

The nurse insisted; she hadn’t heard anything, she said.

The firefighter looked down the hall and saw two caregivers in scrubs – no mask or gown.

“What the hell?” the firefighter thought. “Who is not telling you that you have two suspected coronavirus cases?”

Holy shit.

Hearing this news, Kevin Connolly and his wife, Jody, were shocked, he wrote on Facebook. Jody’s father was there, but Life Care had not called about a possible outbreak, he wrote.

The Connollys called Life Care, where a receptionist “told us not to believe everything you hear on the news,” Connolly said on Facebook.

Residents did not know they were living amid an outbreak, he said. Staff were given masks, but residents were not. For dinner that Saturday night, his father-in-law was given half a sweet potato.

Officials had said 10 workers from the Centers for Disease Control were supposed to fly into Seattle, and beeline for Kirkland, but the journalist hadn’t seen them. Families said they hadn’t seen them either. Calls to the governor’s office, public health and the CDC, have not clarified whether anyone from the CDC has come to Seattle.

Evan Hurley says many members have looked back at the logs, curious to see if there were more calls than usual from Life Care in recent weeks.

In January, firefighters responded seven times to the Life Care facility. In February, and the first five days of March, they responded 33 times.

Firefighters are now grappling with the idea that coronavirus may have already been circulating at Life Care for weeks and that they, and Life Care workers, residents and visitors, had not been warned to take precautions, And that they may have inadvertently helped spread the virus farther.

In the days leading up to last Friday, Life Care staff and first responders were using nebulizers and CPAP machines to treat patients. “We essentially aerosolized it,” one first responder said, because before last Friday, that was standard protocol to treat patients.

“We made it worse,” he said.

3 Likes

Not being able to CPAP people is a real problem in an EMS setting. Your option at that point is essentially to let them go into respiratory failure so you can intubate, I guess? Bizarre

2 Likes

What are you doing in your car that you need… you know, I don’t even need to know, nevermind.

It makes me a little bit optimistic that maybe the reason the death rate in the life care center was so high is those patients got an absolutely massive ongoing dose of the virus.

Well besides that… Pumping gas, running into the store for something, going to the bank or ATM, etc. I use that shit LIBERALLY now after touching anything anyone else might have touched. I’m considering gargling it.

1 Like