Coronavirus (COVID-19)

My artisinal hand sanitizer business is poised to hit the ground running!

3 Likes

I still have about 5 small bottles of hand sanitizer from camping and hiking. Gonna wait to trade them for food or bullets. Well I guess a gun first, then bullets.

What do you predict?

Biden officially becoming the presumptive nominee.

5 Likes

It’s probably time to start selling fake hand sanitizer, no? :thinking:

Which airline? I got flights to Cuba moved to January with no change fee on Delta today.

Doctor near where I live in Melbourne went to work with flu like symptoms after returning from USA and he treated 70 people before getting tested and diagnosed. His office was in a upper class suburb with an average age over 60 so even worse.

United.

We’ll probably wait until 10 days or so before, then decide. Hopefully we’ll have more/better info by then. I’ve started reading Italian and Swiss online sites for now, just to keep an eye on it.

I think most of the US legacy carriers have Coronavirus policy right now that allows you to switch flights for free although not sure on United.

ETA-

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/the-goods/2020/3/5/21166359/us-airlines-coronavirus-cancel-flights-waiving-fees

Looks like you should be good as United is included in those waiving change fees. I will warn you I waited on hold for over 2 hours today to fix it which beat out the estimated hold time of 3hrs, 53 mins they quoted me when I first called in. So make sure you have some time to listen to the awful music.

1 Like

Holy fucking shit

I’m considering quitting my job and driving to my cousin’s wedding in Cancun in June to avoid flying (and see some things along the way).

I hate planes so much. I think they just take whatever bugs are always living in me and flush them up and down my sinuses like a toilet plunger was attached to my face,

1 Like

Brand it with Trump’s name imo.

4 Likes

I used to go there when I lived in South Yarra.

Jfc with this. Somebody want to explain how all 50 states are going to just not have elections or stfu.

Executive order in the name of national security: Elections are postponed indefinitely.

If there are truly the level of deaths that some ITT are talking about, Trump is a lock to make a move like this. Who will stop him?

Hot take but I don’t think the panic will be that bad once the initial wave subsides.

I think a lot of people who are youngish and healthy will make a calculated risk - like I did today playing poker and going to the gym. I said do I really want to sit around all day and make myself crazy? No.

Or like skydiver and her partner might do to go skiing. Of course people with existing conditions and the elderly, and those in close contact with them, it will be a different story.

But for the young and healthy there could be a lot of opportunities for bargains and stuff.

Even my ex’s 86-year-old mother said fuck it and was going out to every hot restaurant in Singapore she always wanted to try but could never get into. She lived through WWII. She and her mother and sisters had to cover themselves in shit and hide in the jungle in Indonesia so they’d look like diseased street urchins if the Japanese found them, which presumably would keep them from getting raped. The family story is my ex’s grandmother was the next up in a village execution line and they stopped right at her. A lot of people over there still have pretty recent memory of a lot scarier shit than this.

In some ways the waiting for it to hit part is almost worse.

1 Like

Mitt Romney…

will be deeply concerned.

1 Like

A doctor I work with was in Cambodia last week and said that the major attractions like Angkor Wat were delightful right now because they weren’t nearly as crowded with Chinese tourists as they normally are.

Which is precisely why this is going to spread to insane levels here. The only way China was able to slow it down was to literally nail people’s doors shut with them in their houses.

1 Like

I didn’t even think about that. I wonder what Grand Canyon is like right now.