Coronavirus (COVID-19)

My Dad worked for the government for 35 years or so and I know there are lots of competent people in government. For a bunch of his career he was at the highest level where his boss was a political appointee. His boss was either a nincompoop, completely without experience in the field, or both. And it’s not like his boss was the Secretary of the Department. Nincompoops went down like 3 or 4 levels.

1 Like

Set up an Amazon wish list. I’m in for a pepper grinder or 2.

1 Like

Have fun with shingles.

I had it a number of years ago (I was in my 30’s - pretty young for shingles) and I was one of the lucky 10% that had it start in my fucking eye. It spread across half my face and head. Quite literally the worst I have ever felt in my life and was the one time I understood how someone could want to just die instead of experience pain (I didn’t want to die - I knew I’d get better).

I have a couple scars on my nose from it plus one on my cornea that can only be resolved with a cornea transplant. My vision will never be good in that eye. With my glasses on and both eyes open, I’m fine, though.

1 Like

Hey, at least it wasn’t United Express

No idea who this guy is or if he’s telling the truth, but there was an announcement a couple days ago that someone in Philly was being tested and no results were ever announced. I’d be somewhat surprised if they were actually keeping it under wraps here, but who knows? I’m probably within a mile or two of where he says he thinks he caught it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hesser_tom/status/1235706274278498304

It’d be really fucking great if I could trust the government to be honest with this stuff right about now, I could end up cutting myself off from working and losing tons of income over some rando on Twitter, or I could end up not believing the rando on Twitter and putting myself at high risk of catching it.

1 Like

Checking in on the denizens of Chiefs Planet

https://twitter.com/GovParsonMO/status/1235695701532782594?s=19

I hear that when they get a positive test in Missouri, they just send the person to a hospital in Kansas City and it’s Kansas’ problem.

15 Likes

“Nearly 17 people have been tested” I assume he said this because people from Missouri never learned the number between 15 and 17.

6 Likes

Hopefully the testing that UW medical in Seattle area is doing will give us a much better understanding of what’s actually happening.

1 Like

Good luck, JT. If I were Canadian, I’d already be there.

2 Likes

NEARLY 17

What kind of estimate is nearly 17? Did somebody run out of fingers while counting?

Edit: My pony needs to be tested.

1 Like

They had a bunch of coops at my college and the longer you lived there the more points you got and with more points you could get placed at coops that were harder to get into. The apartment coops took a lot of points, but someone else who was already in an apartment could bring you into to their apartment (they were like 4bdrms) even if you didn’t have enough points to get in on your own. We would call that “pulling you in”. There should be something like that with Canadian citizenship. Pull me in bro?

1 Like

Also, since I’m rambling, @JohnnyTruant, I’m positive I’d recognize you if I saw you again, but if I try to pull your face up from memory what I get is Vin Diesel.

And still they won’t vote Biden in November.

Post this shit. Make it go viral. Fuck them.

2 Likes

Well said Johnny. And best of luck to you and your family no matter what you decide to do.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/provincial/2020/03/05/ontarios-covid-19-tally-rises-to-22-with-first-case-from-italy.html

The latest Toronto case revealed Thursday night is a person who travelled to Las Vegas for an international conference.