Coronavirus (COVID-19)

To be fair to my pony, it has posted similar info days to weeks ago.

Co-worker who WFH full time was bitching this morning that they better not require everyone to WFH because it makes the network really slow when lots of people WFH.

Ok boomer, so glad we know where your real concerns are.

1 Like

OG pony, respect.

3 Likes

That’s actually a big concern with some of the organizations I work with. One is a government agency whose network can barely handle regular days (maybe 10% wfh on any given day?) and has had issues anytime there’s an abnormal event (snow day, etc). It’s going to fail haaard when the whole fucking agency has to wfh.

Is the air quality bad there? Lots of people heading into this with lung issues to begin with as a result? Also my cultural stereotypes tell me that many Chinese are heavy smokers, could that be related?

1 Like

Likely a contributing factor, but my hunch is the bigger factor is that the health system got overwhelmed before they knew what was going on.

2 Likes

I live in flyover country. 25 pound bags of rice seem to be in short supply due to Asians hording rice, or so I have been told by Asians I play poker with.

Has anyone noticed similar shortages in other places?

Another possibility for higher death rates in certain areas is that in the past few days info has come out about 2 main strains of this virus, with one being deadlier than the other. I’m not sure if we have enough info to make any sense of this, but it seems plausible that places getting wrecked might have a prevalence of the more dangerous strain.

I saw plenty of white folks buying these bags over the past 2 weeks. Including my lily white ass.

2 Likes

My partner obsessively touches their own face. Her nose is constantly dry and raw from a quick wipe that she constantly does as a tic. I mentioned her doing it at dinner yesterday and she apologized for touching her face, as she was SIMULTANEOUSLY RUBBING HER EYES AND BRUSHING HER BANGS OUT OF HER FACE.

She is trying to murder suicide us. Tell my story please!

7 Likes

I took a peek at the rice aisle the other day out of curiosity. Pantry staples are still widely available for purchase in western MA.

So youre saying with the end of the world coming I should abandon my morals and finally grift the stupids like Ive wanted to my entire life?

Tempting

Introducing CanadaMatt’s 100% Canadian CoronaNo oil. Simply cook all of your meals for the next 30 days in CoronaNo, and you are guaranteed to have everything you need to keep the Coronavirus at bay*

*These claims have not been tested by the FDA and this asterisk and statement somehow make everything I listed above completely legal to say, hooray USA #1!

She just needs the newest invention from CanadaMatt industries, the CoronaNo gloves! Our CoronaNo gloves have been specially treated with pure, Canadian essential oils guaranteed to allow you to touch your face with less virus spreading potential. So put on some CoronaNo gloves today and pick your nose with glee, because they’re machine washable!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1235239113298759680?s=20

2 Likes

CoronaNo oil and gloves ads need more ‘clinically proven’ imo.

3 Likes

13 Likes

I live alone and a 12 pack of Scott single ply lasts me about a year and a half

It’s one of the most common sense things to stockpile.

Yes, it’s not essential, but it’s better to have it than be out. It would particularly suck if you got the virus and developed diarrhea (which is a symptom, although somewhat rare).

It’s also a very easy thing to stockpile. It’s fairly cheap and easy to store. Also never expires so there is no risk that it will go to waste.

I would say stocking up on pretty much all basic household goods makes sense (e.g. contact solution, laundry detergent, toothpaste, etc.). You’re going to use it eventually, so why not just buy a few months supply now.

2 Likes

That’s surprising as people keep saying your fos.

(Someone was going to say it :smile: )

7 Likes

Has Alex Jones or Jordan Peterson’s daughter come up with a miracle coronavirus cure yet?

3 Likes