Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Respiratory symptoms for the past month.

Dear God, NYC is going to be locked down once they start testing.

I’ve only seen 3 or 4 mask wearers on the subway these last few weeks which if anything is on the low side. So at the moment anyway NYC seems to be very laissez faire.

I’m still a little freaked out because that looks like the guy from The Jinx.

If you missed the link upthread, here’s the image. USA#1 Most Prepared Nation for Corona Virus - either got the tests and not administering or not even level 1 prepardness. China, Iran and probably Italy all guilty of not being prepared - China - evidence shows China may have been ‘wft is this’ for three weeks before 31 Dec 2019 Iran; less of a chance because probably already viral there before China announces - Italy right wing government more worried about immigration. SK had 2 cult members in Wuhan for Chinese New Year and they may have infected 2,000 of the cult on their return.

1 Like

I have made great progress in not touching my face. However, at the end of the day I go to my house, where my 11 year old son has his fingers all over his face and everything else in creation all day every day like it’s his job. I don’t think there’s anything I can do to avoid getting infected by him.

1 Like

Get an inflatable pool, fill it with Purell, tell him it’s a fun new swimming pool. Report back with results.

1 Like

welp

this is within walking distance from my work and my wife works at a nearby hospital that is also within walking distance. feels like i’m a lock to get the coronavirus at this point.

5-14 day incubation period means you may have already got it ;) (me too, don’t wanna scare ya)

In all seriousness, best of luck staying healthy.

1 Like

Jfc the British palate smdh

2 Likes

mushypeas.jpg

TIL cheese comes in tins (cans)

2 Likes

I bought some extra thermometers today, so that if the plague hits my house each person can have their own.

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1234933518934958080

I wish we could have a two-week quarantine as a national holiday, without the deaths. That’s my Good Place.

#stayinside

1 Like

Alough I liked this post and only did so because my Boomer dad likes sardines from a tin but I had a very bad experience opening a tin one time as a child :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like the premise to a crappy Netflix movie.

Lol don’t get me wrong, mushy peas are fine with fish&chips. And actual cheddar cheese >>>>>>> any American cheddar.

But my wife’s grandfather used to tell us how during the war they’d get together with the yanks and swap corned beef for spam. I’m like, spam is disgusting and I don’t blame you.

I have been cheating on a Sunday & bought pucka pies for Sunday lunch last week, this week I may just try this option instead as I work most all Sundays and it’s usually late when I get back in, but I have to have some sort of Sunday meal…

1 tin steak
1 puff pastry
A few peas and potatoes…

All-in the over together for roughly 30 mins… No more prep :+1:

@olink Corned Beef with whole potatoes with beans was a family staple here for years… As kids that shit was good :sweat_smile: When yer wee maw couldney cook. :grimacing:

Derail over and out. :v:

1 Like

I know we’re digressing here, but can I just lol at the concept of ‘stewing steak’? Only the British could put those words together with a straight face.