Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I mean that’s pretty much SOP for anybody looking to contain a disease outbreak.

I’d be shocked if the CR didn’t demand the same of everybody on the flights from Italy where the 3 sick passengers were.

We’ll find out what’s up in 2 weeks. No big outbreaks by then I think things are gonna be okay.

Cliffs: School boards in the US are still just a bunch of knee-jerk idiots.

Can the fuckwits of the world not realise we should all pay a bit more fucking attention!! Oh, they heard the word Italy.

Welll done school!

I spent a minute or so looking and couldn’t tell if it was n95 or not, but that’s what you’re trying to find out. If it’s n95, it should reduce your chances but it’s important to note that you can still get it through your eyes, you still shouldn’t be touching your face, it’s only going to reduce your chances of getting it through your mouth by 95%, and how you put it on and take it off and sanitize it between uses (and wash your hands after this process) is extremely critical.

1 Like

Um. Dude. Really??

You planning to be more specific or just express vague credulity?

Maybe cast a critical eye over that post and have a think about it?

I love your posting dude. But come on.

1 Like

Nah I don’t feel like guessing. Nothing in my post was remotely racist, classist or counter-factual. Different countries have different food and hand-washing cleanliness standards. You’d have to have never traveled not to realist that. Dammit you win - I guessed. Still not sure if that’s your problem though.

2 Likes

Would suck if infected people went to trump rallies.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1234569410301480960

trump said the number of infected americans will soon be zero. he should have added, “one way or the other”

10 Likes

Those are better than N95, they’re for installing into the full/half facemasks that are OSHA-approved for things like asbestos removal and mold removal. The only thing more heavy-duty is that mask with a tube going into a backpack, whose name I forget. P100 cartridges have worked miracles for me before, you don’t smell any odors when wearing that mask. Whether they’re good for stopping the virus, I’m not qualified to say. But if any of those cartridges can block the virus, I’m guessing P100 is the correct type (as opposed to the ones for fumes etc). P100 is for particulate matter in general.

You know more about this than me, so I’ll just share the key fact I know about n95 with regard to blocking viruses and maybe you know if that applies to P100? They block 95% of particulates of .3 microns in size and up.

That size seems important with regards to viruses.

Yeah if N95 is partly effective against the virus, then P100 will be even more effective. I’ll look for the PDF with the specs.

Haha I bought a P100 in August for $24.95. Current price on Amazon is $69.95 for two available.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1234536619270688768

I guess the Republicans plan to win in 2020 is to indirectly kill people more likely to vote Bernie.

The folks that this will kill leans way heavier towards Biden/Trump

3 Likes

99.97% effective for particles 0.3 microns in size.

Coronavirus’s radius is almost a third of that.

Seems like P100>FFP3>>N95=FFP2

The FFP series is European.

1 Like