Coronavirus (COVID-19)

underrated post imo

1 Like

I can’t figure out the joke. So it’s probably at my expense, correct?

Nah, it’s kind of an inside 22 joke at TS.

2 Likes

Yup it’s a ship full of olds but definitely ways to go before final numbers as 1 more died since I made that post. :(

Edit: Now also reports that a passenger has tested positive for the virus after being released from quarantine. :( :(

1 Like

Cliffs: Guy in Brooklyn comes back from Japan. Very possible/likely he has coronavirus. CDC won’t test him. Dr shrugs and tells him to self treat like he has it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/fayko1/my_covid19_story_brooklyn/

Something I’ve wondered about would be if there is some sort of low baseline of coronavirus frequently present in the community that for some reason (mutation?) took off in Wuhan. I mean, we identified Lyme disease for years too late, same with h pylori - because Coronavirus generally looks like a crappy cold/ presumed to be the flu, etc. etc. Meaning that these “known risk factor” patients have always been present in the community, and we’re only identifying them at present because of the new testing. If that makes sense…

MM MD

3 Likes

Pretty low on the importance scale, obviously, but this bummed me out a bit.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/tv/cbs-suspends-production-of-amazing-race-over-coronavirus-concerns/ar-BB10xlqy?li=AAggSpD

These are the kinds of things that make me think maybe the CDC actual policy is that this thing is just going to happen anyway, and waiting for it on tenterhooks is just making things worse.

eBay

I told my employee I might go see his band at this sort of motorcycle dive bar tonight. I’m almost buzzed enough to think walking in with one on to fuck with everyone is a good idea. I’d have issues actually drinking though.

1 Like

Unless you live in Vacaville your odds of getting this thing in the US are still tiny. Might as well enjoy yourself until that changes.

I have friends in CA coming to visit me next week via airports. How do you figure? Seems like it’s going to be everywhere pretty much no matter what at this point.

My guess: it’s in all the major cities and a bunch of other areas too and this will become evident over the coming weeks.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KPRC2/status/1233561021073297409

or now

1 Like

Um - need a little spoiler there. These are all known cases.

SAN ANTONIO – The number of evacuees infected with the novel coronavirus climbed to 11 on Friday, per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The CDC reports those infected with the coronavirus include nine from the Diamond Princess cruise ship, one from the Wuhan group of quarantined passengers and one that was transferred from the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego, Calif.

San Antonio city officials maintain that the risk of the virus spreading to the general public is still low.

Wheatrich spreading the panic over here.

3 Likes

Yeah I freaked out when I just read the headline, then actually read the article lol.

Thats a super fucked up title though. Shame on them.

1 Like

I don’t think you all need my help for that in this topic but yes people gotta stop using breaking news if it’s mostly just the princess ship. I didn’t look at specifics sorry.

Imagine an administration whose primary public policy response to a potential pandemic virus is just tax cuts.

I can’t take this world seriously. Tens of millions of Americans not only have any problem with it but the applaud the idea because in their deranged brains they think they will be a billionaire one day and reap the rewards. It is a mental illness.

9 Likes

Seriously, that’s riducoulus.

I used to think they thought that. Then I realized the vast majority of support comes from people over 50. I doubt these people think they’re gonna be billionaires. I think they just worship rich white guys and believe in a social hierarchy where rich white guys rule over us and they deserve everything they have. Certainly way more than those lazy blacks and mexicans fox told them about.

But yeah its still a mental illness fueled by hate and fear.

2 Likes