Coronavirus (COVID-19)

You’re never going to know the real death rate when some 20% are asymptomatic and others have very mild symptoms unless you mandatorily test everyone in some region when there’s an outbreak.

I know one place I don’t want to be right now - a hospital. They’re disease vectors in the best of times.

A friend of mine tried to commit suicide by taking a bunch of pills. Every time they were about to release her from the hospital she’d come down with some new malady. Finally she had one of the ER docs tell her she should get the hell out of the hospital because it’s making her sick.

There was a “cold” running around my extended family something like a few months ago that had an unusually long lingering cough.

That’s the one.

Add me to the list of peeps who’ve had this. Even had a mild fever one night but was completely gone in the morning. Cough is still lingering tho.

This is what random sampling is for.

Shrugging off people going to work like he did is condoning it. It’s not hard. He should be telling sick people to stay home if at all possible, but he’s just shooting from the hip and trying to pretend this whole thing is no big deal that will go away.

9 Likes

I had that too. Coughing for at least a month but no other symptoms

I have that right now, cough lasted for a month and counting. Except that I was susceptible to “acute sinusitis” because I have a deviated septum in my sinus. (Had surgery, only moderate improvement, normal symptom is permanent stuffy nose) On antibiotic now for the cough.

Weird that everyone is bringing up this coughing thing. I caught something like that last April. The cough lasted for a few months. Near the end it was bad enough that it was interfering with my sleep. Ended up getting prescription cough suppressant pills and it went away. Maybe we’re all just getting old.

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1235559817135058948

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1235559841395077125

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1235559842892349443

NYC? Things are about to get wild.

Truant boy is an excellent name for a young school child

6 Likes

Yeah, I have something similar right now. Cough drops have worked to tame it down, but still occassionally coughing (feels like it’s got a bit worse again today).

Constant cold/rainy waeather doessn’t help either :(

Or Young Truant if he becomes a rapper

3 Likes

I had that last spring. Took me about 6 weeks to get over it.

I dont think I’m going out too far on a limb to suggest that the death rate everywhere the healthcare system gets overwhelmed will be higher than places where it doesn’t. But we can agree to disagree.

Anybody with a cough that lasts more than 2 weeks should probably be getting blood tests done. Mine turned out to be pertussis (aka whooping cough). It gets better slowly but I’m still coughing more than a year later. #NotAllCoughers

3 Likes

Obama said nothing about sanitizer or TP.

#OBAMA2020

Apparently they’ve identified 2 strains of it now and so possibly Hubei got the deadlier strain.