Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The parts of this that nobody are talking shout are the likely widespread regional wars this thing could cause as society breaks down in some countries Ill equipped to deal with this. Still drawing live to WW3.

I stopped my parents from Tenerife this year after Brexit, told them I was not driving them anymore.

So far the’ve not been away except to up north… My dad’s angina is not worth the travel and I had to tell my mum its not happening anymore because of insurance.

Edit: drive to and from airports :joy:

Nuclear resistant cereals? Genuinely curious?

Don’t get me wrong. The CDC legally has some draconian and impressive tools in its arsenal. “The constitution is not a suicide pact.” The difference between here and China is that here we don’t live in a society that routinely accepts absolute control by the government on aspects of your daily life. Add in the fact that we have a historically unpopular president that half the country loathes and it’s just a recipe for utter disaster, widespread unrest, and societal breakdown. Like, if this were the 1960s and JFK were president I think the US could do a lot more to it’s citizens before that breaking point then now.

That’s a joke we have here, as it never seems to go off ever.

Rice crisps and corn flakes :+1:

1 Like

As far as worst case scenarios, there is almost no floor. We are drawing live to millions dead, nuclear war, etc.

Think you might be going a little overboard here.

9 Likes

lol what happened to this thread overnight. Was there a preppers marathon on the History channel or something? Millions dead, nuclear war, and stacks of ramen ITT.

14 Likes

I mean, if 1% of the global population gets it and 2% of them die, that’s already 1.5 million. We’re definitely drawing live to millions dead. Nuclear war as a result of coronavirus seems pretty far-fetched to me, though.

:+1:

2 Likes

It’s spreading in numerous countries outside China, and it’s become clear that the Trump administration is every bit as utterly unprepared and incompetent as we might have guessed.

If China starts to nuke its own city’s is that technically a nuclear war?

That’s not like him itt.

Ever heard of malaria?

Americans are reacting to this like they did to 911.

1 Like

This is crazy. People should be able to get tested and the government should be getting the tab. Of course if we had a proper healthcare system it would happen automagically.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/WelshGasDoc/status/1232208118899257344?s=20

Sorry if pony is slow

3 Likes

Yup, not sure what your point is though?

Keed must be apoplectic about this travelers being locked down in other countries.

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1232385716463656960?s=20