Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I am forever going to associate shashuka with this lockdown since that’s when I started making it, for whatever that’s worth.

It ain’t pretty but it’s one of our favourite meals.

Garlic ribs with braised cabbage.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s delicious but you’re right about it not being pretty, especially the splatter effect around the rim.

True dat, but it’s actually in the cooking pot still in that photo so I don’t get presentation points deductions from the German judge just yet. :grin:

I’m relieved to hear that :laughing:

When I was experimenting with my Rice + Chicken + Beans + Veg one pot lunch dish if I had too much sugar in the cooking liquid it would get crispy bits like that on the bottom of the rice cooker or Instant Pot. Usually from putting in too much Soy Sauce or using Soy Sauce and Chicken broth instead of water. It tasted great but I was always afraid it was getting too close to burnt so I figured out the right amount to put in so it didn’t happen.

Kitchen sink Chilaquiles. With margs or course.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Does that negate just doing the sniff test?

I like to use the method my dog taught me - eat it, and if it tastes awful and makes you sick then you know that you shouldn’t have eaten it. It works 100% of the time!

3 Likes

I guess we’ll never know since it is behind a pay wall.

1 Like

Omelette game is improving

9 Likes

Reverse sear update: second attempt went better. Dried the steaks out, steaks were a bit thin, but got a better sear, although not ideal. I didn’t get any pictures, but I did get laid, so I’ll say the steaks were good enough. :)

4 Likes

Most important metric. :+1:

Really missing Chinese takeout. Had to get the wok out and make curry chicken w/ rice stick noodles and shrimp fried rice.

IMG_0102 IMG_0124

5 Likes

Taiwanese beef noodle soup

5 Likes

Are we using the same brand of rice noodles? Mine’s got an elephant on the package.

Doubt it. These are Shan Ho Noodle Banh Pho Ga rice noodles that I bought for chicken pho originally. Looks like wheat noodles would be more authentic for this dish, but these are trying times.

Are delivery and takeout even closed where you?

Some places are staying open for takeout, some are shutting down. Japanese place near me is open, but who gets Japanese takeout? I should get Japanese takeout tomorrow.