Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I eat them separately. Tons of hot sauce on the chicken, offset by maple syrup on the waffle.

Buldak was amazing and a big hit at the lounge. Might make it again for the Superbowl.

1 Like

I was afraid that might be the right answer. Not sure I can bring myself to do that.

How separately are we talking here? Do you alternate bites? I finish one completely and go to the other. If the fried chicken is fresh out of the fryer, I’ll do the waffle first to give the chicken a chance to cool a bit. If the chicken isn’t scorching hot, then I’ll do the chicken first.

I randomly alternate between the two.

That’s not quite separate enough for my tastes, but at least I could bring myself to do it.

The trick is to be finicky, but not so much so that you’re consciously second guessing yourself.

I’m kinda wondering what happens when hot sauce the waffle and maple syrup the chicken. Really it’s the same thing but worth a try imo.

First time trying English muffins. Pretty happy with result. Taste great. These are so easy to make too. Never buying again.

5 Likes

Recipe? Ill give these a try. Looks great. Are they sufficiently nook and cranny filled?

I eat my chicken and waffles together with syrup, as in chicken and waffle in the same bite

Would people eat chicken nuggets coated in waffle batter and deep-fried that are meant to be dipped in maple syrup?

With few exceptions I’m not a fan of sweet with meat. Especially something like honey or maple syrup. That’s just too much, imo.

My kids eat chicken nuggets with honey, tho. Maybe they’ll be able to properly consume chicken and waffles some day.

They are really good.

Sweet and sour chicken?
Honey baked ham?
Salmon with maple-mustard glaze?
Pulled pork with a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce?

These all are delicious to me.

1 Like

My wife likes my “sweet meat”, if you know what I mean. :wink:

I mean the braised pork belly I make with star anise and cinnamon.

1 Like

general tso’s or orange chicken is pretty sweet. lots of barbecue too.

I did say “with few exceptions”. As far as your list, I’ll give you 1/4. Just the last one, but it can’t be too sweet. Just a hint.