Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

Gravy and chickpeas?

Arent we all

Thai red curry and pan fried tofu

2 Likes

I’m coming in late to the “best before” discussion.

Game changing pro tip from me.

For anything like this. Once you open it. Use a sharpie pen and put the date you opened it on the label somewhere, before putting in the fridge.

Then you arent wondering whether that jar of salsa is 2 days old or 6 months old.

Whoa that’s definitely me! Or used to be… I once intentionally ruined a white sweater by putting it in with red towels so I wouldn’t be asked to do laundry any more. God I was a prick

But I was younger then. Now I do my part. I really am terrible at detail oriented tasks tho

I just don’t buy white clothes. Bring anti-white is practical

r

We’ll keep this in mind for the t-shirt design.

1 Like

Theres a lot of data suggests that men are bad at assessing how much of the housework they do. Often over estimating considerably.

Men overestimate a lot of things.

3 Likes

I feel like I tend to underestimate the majority of my abilities.

Which means I am most likely overestimating my abilities by 300% or more.

You’re underestimating your overestimating. Ironic.

I love BBQ. I love al Pastor tacos. Why not bastardize both by fusing that shit together?

Followed Kenji’s al Pastor recipe to create a marinade, but subbed in pineapple juice for the chicken stock and added some pineapple chunks as well. I cleaned 2 racks of spareribs down into St Louis cuts and marinated them overnight.

They just hit the smoker and I’m going the “3-2-1” route.
3 hrs at 190
2 hrs wrapped at 225 with a BBQ sauce glaze
1 hr unwrapped at 225

Am also making my fave BBQ sauce, from Adam Perry Lang. Will modify it to include caramelized pineapple, in the spirit of al Pastor. Have little of the marinade left over, which I’ll fold in too.

Expectations are high!

9 Likes

That’s a big smoke tube! Does it take you a long time to get it going with a blow torch? Does for me

Only takes like 30 seconds with the torch, super easy.

Daughter is obsessed with chicken and waffles so used Kenji’s recipe for fried chicken… Came out excellent.

8 Likes

So, I’m gonna do that thing again. What’s the pro way to eat this?

For me chicken and waffles only seems slightly less ridiculous than the chili and cinnamon roll that someone posted about earlier. Just seems like two things that don’t really go together.

However, I do love fried chicken and I do love waffles, so I order it all the time. I just makes sure the fried chicken comes on the side. I eat the waffle with maple syrup and the fried chicken separately. I assume I’m a weirdo for doing this. What’s the traditional method?

How’d you like the buldak?

Pour syrup over the whole thing, cut throigh the chicken and waffles in a triangle like shape and enjoy

2 Likes