Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

wtf ramen doesn’t belong in a square bowl

I don’t own any big soup bowls. It was either that thing or a mixing bowl.

NO KINK SHAMING!

1 Like

Minus 10 points from Canadia for defending square ramen bowls.

Pruned the grapefruit tree today. Gotta be at least 75 lbs of fruit in total.

WTF should I do with it all? Don’t say jam.

It’s this + a full large IKEA bag not pictured.

1 Like

Marmalade ;)

2 Likes

Lol

I was thinking:
Jam/marmalade
Preserved grapefruit (limited uses)
Juice them and freeze in half gallon jugs
Put it out at the end of driveway for neighborhood people to take
Make a grapefruit cannon to lob them at the police station

2 Likes

Prison hooch

3 Likes

Yakisoba noodles? They look thicc.

tbh, I’m just glad that my title change from Romaines to Ramens was on point.

3 Likes

FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT THA PO-LICE

Udon. It’s what I had, but I think they went well with the square bowl.

5 Likes

TIL that americans make bad Yorkshire puddings and call them “Dutch Babies”

It’s supposed to have lard or dripping and should be covered in gravy next to a roast.

What’s the general rule on steak and sauce parings? Does a bearnaise go better with a certain cut over bordelaise?

Bearnaise is usually paired with a filet, poivre sauce, too. Really, filets, being the leanest, are the cut that usually gets a sauce. I suppose chimichurri is usually associated with flank steak, but it doesn’t have to be, and a horseradish cream sauce with rib steaks by way of the association with prime rib roasts. Bordelaise seems pretty general purpose to me, but there’s nothing wrong with pairing the sauce you like with the cut you like.

I think we’ll have beef gravy, horseradish cream and a bearnaise sauce for Christmas prime rib this year.

2 Likes

Or skirt steak. I prefer skirt steak to flank because it’s a bit fattier.

How did I do? I think I used duck fat in the cups to make these, ate them with a fancy steak so no drippings were available.

I’m usually a no sauce with steak but yeah Bearnaise with a filet is pretty standard, it’s very fatty/rich so I don’t think it’d pair well with a ribeye.

Some kind of blue cheese concoction is my favorite pairing with a ribeye or strip.

2 Likes

I really only make sauce for filet. Either Bearnaise or a port reduction sauce.

Bearnaise is kind of a use now sauce. Port reduction can be reserved and used on duck etc as well. I think I made the port reduction, then I would add some to a pan with butter to bring it back to life before drizzling over anything.

2 Likes