Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

Reading the old posts itt is so sad, most of images are busted.

tapatalk_-291641390_640x480

4 Likes

One of the tastiest thing ive eaten in a long long time (i did not make it of course).

2 Likes

Vegetarian chili. Really good with tortilla chips, freezes well, my kids like it. I’ll cut the bell pepper smaller and add at least one more jalepeno next time (for a total of 2-3). I skipped celery and used one red bell pepper instead of green. Also used a whole yellow onion, one 28oz and one 15oz can of tomatoes, one 12oz bag of burger crumbles, one 4oz can of diced green chili, and probably 2 tablespoons of chili powder. I usually make this with pulled pork instead of veggie burgers and think I might like the vegetarian version better.

3 Likes

The start of Ropa Vieja.

5 Likes

Ignore the crumbling cornbread lol. I took it out of the oven and laid it on the stove that was on for 45 minutes. Bottom got crispy.

6 Likes

Fancy pants syndrome going with cornbread over white rice! Looks fantastic though

White rice is tomorrow. I was originally going to make Arepas but I had the wrong masa.

Looks great!

Really cool, I really like this dish but have never made it myself at home.

It was easy and fun to make. Thanks Kenji / Daniel

2 Likes

Kenji doing our local delicacy justice

He makes the burgers way too thick imo. Also medium rare hamburgers is a seriously deranged American psychosis! :grinning:

Well if you’re ever in El Reno, OK., you’ll get them pretty thin and med well. We actually used to play a crazy 1/2/5 500 Max BI PLO game out there about 5 minutes from the burger joints.

Not everyone likes a rare burger.

1 Like

I’ll make a bastardized feaux meat version of one to post.

1 Like

It is just me or is anyone else weirded out by the fact that he’s handling raw meat with his wedding ring on?

I think that the all griddle plate one was too thick, but the other one is fine.

There was some besmirching of Greek food round these parts, so I knew what I had to do.

Souvlaki, Greek salad, lemon potatoes, tzatziki, and pita.

6 Likes

Looks like chicken on the grill as red meat on the plate?

0/2. It’s pork loin.