Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I think so. They definitely said it was a Korean brand made there.

1 Like

Camping in western Washington really is the nuts

3 Likes

Gonna steam and serve with butter, or do you have other ideas?

Steam, butter, bread .

And they’re all mine. Family doesn’t eat them.

2 Likes

Flank steak with chimichurri. First time making this tyoe of cut on a cast iron skillet and it turned out pretty good!

5 Likes

this thread makes me happy.

1 Like

Looks great, but I’d love some more of the chimichurry!

Flank steak is amazing but it’s also really weird in that if you cut against the grain it’s tender but if you cut with the grain it’s borderline inedible chewy.

1 Like

I had extra chimichurri on the table, for sure!

2 Likes

Update on the Traeger, because my folks keep trying to make Traeger happen. They got me a pair of smoke tubes to go with it, basically hexagonal tubes with a bunch of little holes that you fill with pellets, light, and then put in the main body next to your food to give it some actual smoke. I tried it out with hickory pellets and pork loin back ribs rubbed with the brisket rub from ChefSteps’ smokerless brisket recipe. About 4 hrs at 250 F. It worked…pretty well? The ribs were delicious, but that’s mostly a product of time, temperature, and rub, which an oven could do 80-90% of the way. But the smoke tube did add some genuine smoke flavor that had been absent, albeit not nearly as much as my Weber kettle would do. I can see continuing to use it for cook times of 4+ hrs, which will usually require adding coals to a kettle.

This is a public service announcement.

Fresh field strawberries dipped in sour cream then brown sugar may be the perfect food.

If you have never tried this do it now.

3 Likes

I have never tried lasagna. I was a very picky eater growing up and I never made it on my own since becoming a fat, unpicky man. Favorite recipes?

Can’t go wrong with Betty Crocker’s recipe, tbqh. Honestly, lasagna is elite, you can’t fuck it up. I have tried. It freezes and reheats like a boss.

I usually make the Pioneer Woman’s Vegetable Lasagna.

Best Vegetable Lasagna Recipe - How to Make Vegetable Lasagna (thepioneerwoman.com)

Even at like a shitty cafeteria, if they have lasagna with Caesar salad and garlic toast, I’ll smash that shit.

I would go with a combination of classic (pasta, sauce, ricotta, sausage, mozzarella) and the southern variant (pasta, sauce, ground beef, cottage cheese, mozzarella).

I’ve used traditional recipes more when experimenting but they have never erased the brainwash of the more southern style. Cottage cheese melted into mozzarella is a texture banger.

Here’s the basic southern recipe. (This lady says it comes from her Italian great grandmother so maybe I only know it has southern)

Thread made me decide to make lasagna. Only took three trips to store. Lol. #readtherecipe

2 Likes

Summer just seems like the wrong season to make lasagna.

1 Like

When’s the right season to make a summer squash lasagna?

Summer just seems like not the time for a big heavy baked dish imo. That’s winter food for me.