Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I’m in the camp of if you have butter you should be adding it to your food because God invented butter because he loves us and wants us to be happy. The word “need” shouldn’t really come into the analysis.

2 Likes

Chickpea not-risotto.

1 Like

A local sushi joint is going out of business and auctioning off everything. Anyone see any good deals? I placed a bid on a wok and some cutting boards.

https://live.keyauctioneers.com/auctions/1-5D7JLB/former-mikado-online-auction-in-downtown-indianapolis

1 Like

I’d pay good money for a properly-seasoned wok.

Standing champagne bucket could be a fun at-home flex.

Robot Coupe’s are diesel food processors.

Doubt you want this hassle but there’s prob $ to be made if you can scoop things up cheap - like the fridges, the sushi cases, etc.

1 Like

If I had the space to store any of this I absolutely would.

sake warmer dispenser! gogogo

1 Like

I had a buddy who did something like this. There were two critical elements: Decent sized living room and no wife.

Did he ever buy a lathe?

3 Likes

so really, 1 critical element

Was feeling brunchy today, so I made croque madame burgers

NSFW

I guess I’m getting banned because the Captains want blood? Guess I’ll go out on a high note.

6 Likes

That egg is magnificent.

Yeah, Costco here sells these organic, cage-free eggs from some supposed local family farm that are a couple bucks extra for 2 dozen compared to their base line eggs, but the yolks are so much darker that you can see how much richer they taste. Have hardly bought any other eggs since unless MrsWookie is going to be doing a bunch of baking.

I won the auction for 2 woks and 2 sauté pans for $18. Can’t wait to see what kind of shape they are in. Hell I don’t even know what size they are.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Mrs. Tilted would not be happy.

I don’t know a lot about marriage, but one thing I do know is that your spouse might be unhappy even if you don’t get a giant wok, so you might as well get a giant wok anyway.

4 Likes

This cookbook has been really great and I highly recommend.

All the recipes use limited techniques and ingredients which make for some great weeknight meals.

2 Likes

Now you need to get an outdoor wok burner.

2 Likes

Wok action

6 Likes