Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

Toppings bar!

Before

After

9 Likes

This is probably a dumb question, but is there cheese on that thing?

This one was made by a friend, but I don’t think so.

I bought an Ooni pizza oven for work and we were using that. It’s pretty terrible actually, extremely poor heat distribution makes for super uneven cooking.

The model I have uses wood pellets for fuel, which gets soot and dust everywhere.

i only had ooni once at a friend’s house, but once he got the temperature going it was pretty good. i think i ate two pizzas that day

1 Like

It snowed here today which is wild. White chicken chili helped.

12 Likes

Great stuffing recipes posted here would be much appreciated! Especially ones without too many difficult-to-find ingredients.

Thanks!

1 Like

If anyone has plant-based stuffing ideas or tips, I’ll be making one and could use some inspiration.

Just in case you hadn’t seen it:

Lotta stuffing is vegan except for the stock and maybe butter, so it shouldn’t be too hard to make something good. Putting kombu in the homemade veggie stock seems like a great idea, and I wouldn’t be above adding some straight MSG (especially if you can’t find kombu). You probably don’t need a thickener to sub in for the gelatin from a meat-based stock, as the starch from the bread should be enough.

1 Like

I got my own squid game with pasta in squid ink sauce:

6 Likes

I thought it was more common to put the squid ink into the pasta than into the sauce, but should still be good.

Needs moar pesto, imo

Will It Pesto Challenge, difficulty: squid ink

Result:

IMG_0663

Looks terrible but it tastes okay. Probably not going to do this again. Then again, I gotta do something with all this squid ink I mysteriously have.

1 Like

I had some great squid ink risotto before although never made it myself obv

3 Likes

Similar idea - I had squid ink paella before and was amazing.

1 Like

This is a dumb question, but can someone describe what squid ink tastes like?

I have had squid ink pasta before, but I don’t really remember it too well and I don’t remember it being very distinctive. So, I concluded that maybe it wasn’t a very good one that I had.

2 Likes

It’s always tasted savory and briny to me. Very similar to the ocean and fish. Could be how I’ve had it prepared though.

1 Like

Thanks. That is consistent with what I had, but I couldn’t be sure those flavors didn’t come from some other ingredients in the dish. When I eat something, I’m horrible at figuring out what is in it by taste.

The OG Iron Chef had a squid episode and one of the dudes made squid ink ice cream. Incredible show, A+++

1 Like