Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

I don’t eat Spam because I have a working freezer and stove.

3 Likes

My friend’s dad worked for Hormel and even though they were loaded every time I slept over it was Spam for breakfast.

Spam musubi is my jam. Don’t really eat it any other way but I’m not horrified by it.

i get where you are going, and it’s very nearly a worthy replacement. just a matter of what cuisine you are most comfortable improvising.

for me personally

. > SPAM > hilshire’s entire line

I think it could work ok for some things, but I think there are certain dishes where the more neutral flavor of spam works better. For example, I absolutely think spam is better in saimin, musubi, or most versions of fried rice (the kielbasa seasoning doesn’t play as nicely with soy sauce and sesame oil imo).

2 Likes

I don’t hate mass market national brand kielbasa, but this stuff is miles better and widely available near me.

1 Like

Spam is much softer. I don’t think one is superior to the other, and I definitely wouldn’t consider them interchangeable.

1 Like

I hear their pet food is pretty good.

Spam is fine if you’re going to chop it up and add it to an omelette or fried rice or other situation where you might not want to waste decent-quality sausage.

This is the kind of spam I like:

And to wash it down:

4 Likes

Breakfast today is a Spam sandwich with Sriracha mayo and melted Monterrey Jack. You steak enthusiasts are fools. This canned ham is truly the King of Kings.

2 Likes

Booiiing!

1 Like

No egg? Seems like it needs an egg.

My wife ate all the eggs. I will be filing for divorce shortly.

2 Likes

Who gets the spam?

My Muslim wife is not a big fan of Spam. Go figure.

We got your back homie

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jta.org/2011/11/20/default/kosher-spam-a-breef-history/amp

2 Likes

Had ribs in the oven all day. Dry rub serious eats recipe.

8 Likes

Pancetta Skillet Pasta - 30 minute deliciousness.

5 Likes

@Trolly they didn’t even mention you once

1 Like