Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

i got this targeted ad on Facebook for a website called cookunity that delivers meals from chefs (I guess “from chefs” as they aren’t actually the one cooking obviously).
One of the chefs is an Israeli one I’m familiar with and they had $50 off the first order, so I got 6 meals plan for $24 including delivery.

tons of options to pick with, went with these 6. Will update my disappointment in 6 days:

Trying out a new Japanese Kaiseki place here tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Here’s the tasting menu.

2 Likes

What an awesome meal. Also had a wine/sake pairing which was killer.

8 Likes

Wow, really beautiful

1 Like

I’m hoping Indy can sustain a place like this. It was really special. The sake pairing was tremendous but I didn’t get pictures of anything.

Negroni nightcap.

Hanukkah? Here some jarred Gefilte, go jew out

1 Like

90 bucks seems like pretty sick value. At least they have that going for them.

1 Like

I was going to post my food right after Tilted posted. Not following that.

1 Like

Post it!

Just garden stuff. Both serious eats recipes. Pan con tomate and Sichuan style cucumbers. Delicious.

5 Likes

I’ve made that cucumber recipe before and really enjoyed it. Looks awesome man!

1 Like

Kenjis Oven Fajitas are out of this world.

4 Likes

Mole today. Didn’t get a ton of pics of prep, which included toasting dried chiles and charring tomatoes (from our small garden!) and tomatillos, but here’s sauteeing some onion and dried spices:

Sauce done after finishing with chocolate.

Searing some chicken:

Braising:

And done:

Kinda crappy final picture:

Served with Kenji’s esquites corn salad.

7 Likes

I usually just microwave some frozen chicken nuggets with some Hershey bars and a sprinkle if cayenne.

4 Likes

Chicken thighs, lemon marinade, feta, dill.

2 Likes

Hong Kong cuisine is the craziest thing there is

2 Likes

Made shakshuka in a green tomato/jalapeno/cilantro pesto, extremely tangy and delightful, forgot to take a pic after throwing in the eggs, but the sauce looks like this:

3 Likes

The sandwich of dreams.

3 Likes

Was feeling a little under the weather for a few days. Brought out the big guns and made matzo ball soup. Fixed me up in a day. I should start grifting and put matzo ball soup in capsules and sell it on Facebook as a Covid cure.

6 Likes