Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

oiling the grill before putting the meat on can help, and charcoal makes all those drips irrelevant!

Bamba will save your lives

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02782-8

Israeli babies consumed 7.1 grams of peanut protein per week, on average, and began eating peanut-containing foods as early as four months of age, Lack’s team reported7. Jewish babies in the United Kingdom weren’t eating any peanuts at all. And the rate of peanut allergy was about ten times higher among school-age Jewish children in the United Kingdom than among Israeli children

Yeah, none of us have ever tried Bamba, but I’m aware of that study, and it’s why we gave my girls so many nut butters when they were much younger. They love banana slices with nut butters. With an N of 2, giving kids a huge variety of stuff, with an eye towards common allergens, as soon as they are trying solid foods works amazingly well. As far as I’m aware, my girls have no food allergies

Can’t get decent pad thai in my podunk town.

I’ve made it with tamarind concentrate dozens of times over the last 10 years and that was ok. Going through the effort of processing blocks of tamarind paste was better.

It was good, but I wish I could just order it.

4 Likes

Hosting a wrestling watch party Friday night. Hit me up with your 3 best dips.

1 Like

Other than guac, I don’t do dips too often. Occasionally salmon or crab dips. But one that I haven’t made in a while but that always delivers is pizza dip. Spread cream cheese on the bottom of a microwaveable dish. then tomato sauce. Top with your favorite pizza toppings (you may need to chop up pepperoni a bit so it’s not too big for a chip, and don’t overdo it here). Finish with a layer of mozzarella. Microwave for a few minutes or however long it takes to get hot. Serve with Fritos (most other chips are too fragile).

2 Likes

Shouldn’t you be making this?

1 Like

Similar thing that goes over well for me is the chili version:

Cream cheese on bottom
Beanless chili
Cheddar cheese

Bake for 15-20 at 350

Green onions and/or Tomatoes/Chunky salsa/Pico on top

With Fritos or tortilla chips

1 Like

Kenjis Pressure Cooker Pho

4 Likes

I made the pressure cooker chicken pho. Not a hit in my household.

Really? What didn’t you like about it? I love this recipe.

Nobody liked the flavor. I thought it was okay. It’s quite possible I dicked up the recipe somewhere.

This dip is the extent of my wife’s cooking. Love her dearly but the girl can barely boil water.

1 Like

Lol, this dip was the extent of my aunt’s cooking, much the same way.

Everyone loves 7 layer dip. That buffalo dip looks great imo. Will make it sometime. Guac & multiple salsas always good also for a variety of dips. Spinach & Artichoke dip serious eats recipe is legit.

It’s very good. And if there are any leftovers, the next day it works great as a filling for a panini or quesadilla type scenario. Just spread a bit of the dip on your carb of choice, add some pickled red onion, and apply heat.

Peach Pie Dip

1 Like

Do you generally like pho? I feel like the pressure cooker recipe gave me most but not all of the flavor of a long cooked one, but maybe it is not for everyone.

Other things that might have gone wrong are not enough salt (I usually supplement the recipe with more pure salt at the end when it recommends using just fish sauce for salt), and skimping on the accouterments?

It’s better than the Costco Pho bowls they sell that are frozen or no? I trust fatboy’s judgement usually but also trust Serious Eats. Other Pho recipes should be posted now also imo.