Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

My grandmother’s and parents is pretty crunchy even with just salt, cabbage, and time. No horseradish or carrots.

1 Like

Taco Bell ex cons were closing an hour early and told me their insurance doesn’t cover people walking through the drive through.

Told him to fuck off. He thought he had things to say but wouldn’t come out of the store. Yup. Just about got into it over Taco Bell drive thru lmao.

Standard for fast food drive thrus to not allow pedestrian customers.

First time I’ve seen it. They were literally closing down the kitchen.

Also their employee smoking out front told me it was fine to walk through. Then wondered why they were mad when I told him I couldn’t order.

Best way to make you want Taco Bell is to deny it. They would have most likely spit in my food anyway so whatever. Eating costco protein waffles instead. They are pretty decent tbh.

I was actually pretty surprised a couple of weeks ago when some people if front of me were allowed to walk through a DD drive thru. I’ve tried it a few times at different places over the years, and always been told they can’t take the order.

Yeah, I tried it at a place that had their whole indoors closed due to the pandemic, and they wouldn’t let me. I was driving a moving truck on my way to move into my new place, and I sure ain’t taking that through a drive through, so they lost my business.

I actually read all posted signs. Most drive thrus seem to have a notice at the window that they don’t serve walk-up customers.

Nobody can ever provide a logical reason why you can’t walk up to the drive through. It’s just a stupid rule that makes the world a little bit worse.

It’s because of the control that Big Auto has on drive thrus.

3 Likes

Yup. That was my 1 shot in the next 6 months where I was craving TB. It wasn’t quite as dramatic as I made out either. We just exchanged some unpleasantries. When I told them the guy outside told me it was fine they looked at each other and said he was new lol.

Not the prettiest looking but this is my vegan lentil soup in the insta pot.

4 Likes

Lookin’ T H I C C

I use double the amount of veggies the recipe calls for. I tried it with double the lentils and it was just to much.

They don’t want people standing in line with cars and getting run over is always what I thought :man_shrugging:

Haven’t tried to walk through one since college, was always rejected so I gave up

1 Like

I have been bumped by morons behind me a few times over the years.

It’s bc you don’t register their drive-thru speaker due to lack of weight.

Now, if someone is mute they have to pull up anyway and they can’t refuse them, if you’re taking it that far: you’re right. Otherwise it’s a procedural thing.

Beyond that, it may be due to liability insurance bc it’s ripe for someone to get ran over ldo.

I mean I always assumed this. Run over or pinned between vehicles.

Especially if the (most likely) reason is bc it’s late at night and the lobby is closed.

LeBatard just replayed audio of Lowry and DeRozan having to ask some dude behind them to order a McFlurry bc they had a hankering at 3am and McD wouldn’t take their walk-up, ‘drive-thru’ order.