Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

#nokinkshaming

1 Like

Standard dinner knives go in the dishwasher. I also have a pretty cheap set of steak knives that I’m OK with ditching and replacing in a few years that go in the dishwasher. Every other knife is hand washed.

I’ve eaten loquats a bunch of times, you don’t get them in grocery stores here either but people who have trees in their yards eat them, they’re well known as an edible fruit. Skin on would definitely be doable.

Anyone ever had feijoas?

For some reason they’re very popular in New Zealand, so much so that I thought they were native there, but checking Wiki apparently they’re from South America.

I’d have thought the name would have been a dead giveaway on origin.

yeah they’re relatively popular in israel.

Well I know very little about the Maori language but it looked plausibly like a Maori word, for example the Maori name for New Zealand is Aotearoa, -oa endings are quite common.

I guess I can see how one might think that. I think the j gives it away. I don’t think they have those in Maori. Looks super Portuguese to me at first glance.

Tired to make banquette and super happy how it turned out for a first time.

To go with my drunken mussels.

14 Likes

One of the prettier pieces of salmon I have ever cooked, with a lemon dill yogurt sauce and a Thai-prese salad, because we had Thai basil instead of sweet basil on hand.

6 Likes

I did Persian food again, and added in gheymeh this time.

12 Likes

I did not cook this, but i will eat it

7 Likes

I bought a new grill (Weber Spirit 330, nothing fancy but I’m hyped to have a side burner so I don’t have to walk in and out any more). I’d prefer not to use a metal grill brush, my old one would fall apart and I’d occasionally grab metal needles off the ground. Are any of the alternatives like those sponge-like things worth a damn? If a metal grill brush is the best I can do, I’ll do it. Thanks in advance.

Look for a “natural fibre” grill brush.

1 Like

Birria tacos? So good!

3 Likes

Idk what this is but I want it

Plus one fish taco that was good but uneventful

1 Like

Do we need a separate Eating Food You Didn’t Cook thread?

1 Like

I’m now at that stage where i clearly had more than ‘enough’ food for any one person, but I’m contemplating getting ‘too much food’ by ordering another item.

1 Like

Yeah that looks excellent, I’m going to be around SF this fall I might have to try to make my way over there

Not sure what people think tbh. I am a mediocre cook at best so I can’t contribute much in terms of relevant content, but food is my biggest hobby along with yelling at professional athletes on my computer screen.

Do people think it’s better to separate it to cooking thread and general food thread?