Cooking Good Food - Ramens of the day

Gritzer pretty much never fails. Let us know how the cook goes tomorrow if you have time. I’ll probably make this the main dish, but if anyone thinks of a better first and third course over the next week please post it!

Yeah, I’m the weak link on this. Wife is better at both of those things by far.

Keeping it spring and French, this recipe is amazing and a decent idea for an opener:

You can also steam the asparagus (even in the microwave!). It’s the sauce that is the star.

Or this is really good, too:

I’d skip the fava beans for being much more work than they’re worth, but snap peas this way can be so, so good. This may be better as a “course” while the former is more of a “side,” but you can probably present either as a course.

1 Like

I feel like with how the first two courses are going, I’d want something a bit more tart for dessert: berries, lemon, something like that.

2 Likes

Even though i like to cook and eat good food it’s something I have zero desire to be good at/do. The closest I get to dinner party stuff is smoking some ribs/pork butt while people are hanging out.

If I was throwing a dinner party, I’d watch S2 Hannibal for inspo. Mads could entertain.

1 Like

Tried making a tempeh panini with a maple/smokey marinade. Rather tasty!

Bouillabaisse with opah, branzino, and shrimp.

2 Likes

Looks pretty damn good. And I don’t even like seafood that much.

Where is the rouille? Is it on the ?bread in the corner?

Yep, on the toasted baguette.

TIL Henry17 has a gig at Business Insider

ETA: wtf when did Business Insider add a paywall

1 Like

What about vegetables?

Filet mignon? What am I, a baby?

Vegan Korean Bibimbap.
Sesame bok choy, gochujang beets, carrots, kimchi. Purple Carrot ftw.

10 Likes

Making lunch today I was reminded of one of my favorite little tips (this one courtesy of Eric Ripert) - add a dash of curry powder to balsamic vinaigrette.

A new Pho place opened near my house. I’m a pho noob and the menu has like a million options. 99% it’s gonna be mediocre at best, but I live to be disappointed.

What’s the go-to pho order?

https://www.doordash.com/store/pho-tasty-davis-1657468/

Grilled Chicken Bahn Mi (no cilantro) for lunch. (Place I go is Satay (spicy))

Grilled Filet Mignon (really?) over vermicelli or Chicken Pho for dinner. Again, I’m used to “spicy” or “satay”.

The photo for Grilled Chicken over Vermicelli looks more like a salad. I’m used to it being in a bowl with spring rolls and fish sauce.

2 Likes

added to ignore list

4 Likes

First things I’d order would be filet mignon and fat brisket pho, house special banh mi, and the roast duck pho.

2 Likes