Community Referendum: Re-Permanently-Ban Bryce

He had to change settings to allow for deleting an older account, and also had to change the OP’s of Bryce’s threads so they wouldn’t be deleted with his account and it took him ~30 minutes to delete all of Bryce’s posts.

I had already offered to delete any such posts personally. He refused and insisted on the deletion, and then pissed all over ggoreo’s efforts

1 Like

Bryce is quirky and loveable, but I feel like the admins around here are so under appreciated and that they do so much for the forum that I am willing to defer to them on how to handle this situation. Also, I don’t know much about Ggoreo, but wookie is among the posters whom I have the most respect for, going all they way back to two plus two. If he thinks this was an especially shitty thing to do and supports ggoreo, I won’t feel bad about what he decides.

3 Likes

I’m confused as to why it matters whether he leaves the forum after having his posts deleted. Is it to discourage frivolous requests?

From what I know about @Bryce, he’s never been belligerent to other posters and is well liked in the community. In fact, I don’t think he’s ever had a post flagged or banned before. Personally, I would prefer that he stays.

I think it’s everyones personal responsibility to be careful what personal information they share on this board. Volunteer admins shouldn’t be burdened with cleaning up after you. Perhaps we should make it clear that it’s no longer an option to have your account wiped and if something you’ve posted on this board reaches you in real life then you’re shit out of luck.

2 Likes

My random two cents just based on what was stated itt for whatever little it’s worth: give him a chance to apologize because maybe he didn’t realize how much moderator work was involved (I didn’t). Still shitty to do even if he thought it was just a few clicks for the mods, but not permaban worthy.

1 Like

No one would have cared if he had just left the forum after making a particular stink to get all his posts deleted, something that has never been done here. It’s that he immediately came back.

He was told on multiple occasions that what he was demanding was.much more difficult, and he was offered alternatives that he refused

1 Like

Ok fair enough. I defer to the judgment of the mods and community vote.

1 Like

This is Bryce. I did not make the thank you post. That’s an imposter.

3 Likes

You should however ban the gimmick owner. Thanks Gregorio.

2 Likes

It’s not me.

1 Like

:thinking:

2 Likes

For fucks sake

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum GiantTurtle!

9 Likes

That would make sense too, this thread seems ridiculous to me. but just fyi, it’s not me.0.0 chance I’d lie about this. So uh,
1.) ban the gimmick,
2.) thanks everyone

As for any of the other discussion, seems pretty unnecessarily mean spirited. I made a request and it was granted.

3 Likes

Assuming @Bryce isn’t the old Bryce posting on a Tor exit node, that was pretty funny. Too bad I was too annoyed at the time to appreciate it. Anyway, taking a break for a days so don’t break anything while I’m gone.

9 Likes

Why not just do a super long 30 day ban or something considerng he’s been posting for a long time and may have been just too involved I the bubbly lately. If he’s a menace after that then maybe it’s a perma.

Gross comment. Not going to fight, but this is gross in more than one way.

6 Likes

The reason it should be banned is because it’s someone pretending to be me. I’m not saying it’s a hostile account or anything, it made one post in jest . But still, whoever it is isn’t me. 🤷🏽

2 Likes

Lol this, I just got @‘ed (which btw I really hate, unless it’s something that interests or concerns me) to create a subforum so the people around here can like, be free of our gestapo mods or some shit. Like I’m just gonna be like oh yea sure, here you go, because like three people asked for it and without any kind of community mandate or vote (which is how we decided to do things and what I promised to abide by).

Idk man. Regarding the bryce thing, I kinda stonewalled him because I knew this exact thing would happen. The whole thing about someone else being on his account that wasn’t him making the posts and all that - I mean it’s clearly one person, I have known bryce the poster for years.

Bryce, I love you dude, but god damn.