College basketball

Cuse slowly creeping back towards the bubble like they have been the last 6 years

Syracuse is done with their season and Iā€™ll be generous and say next 4 out.

I donā€™t see how they can get in without 2 ACC tournament wins.

(Not that I think thatā€™s fair; ideally at-larges should be picked before the conference tournaments start)

I support this so that Virginia can be the champs indefinitely.

Theyā€™re going to win exactly 2 games so we can argue about them. Itā€™s what they do.

1 Like

Whoā€™s been on the bubble more in recent years, NC St. or Cuse? Seems like theyā€™re both always there.

Virginia Tech, as well. But yeah, NC State and Cuse are ALWAYS there (which is kind of weird to say about Cuse).

So the rumor was if Kentucky had beaten Florida last Saturday, Calipari still saw a runner runner chance of getting an at large bid to the NCAA tournament. That runner runner (runner) would have began with scheduling a game with Gonzaga at home yesterday (I assume the payoff would have been for Gonzaga to get a home game against Kentucky next season or two). Good god that would have been a bloodbathā€¦

Iā€™m confused. What does scheduling a game have to do with tournament selection?

Also, Arkansas basketball is back. Musselman is the real deal.

Potentially (lol) beating the number 1 team has a lot to do with getting an at large bid

Nvm. I forgot about COVID.

Last night, Appalachian State pulled off its third straight upset and won the Sun Belt auto bid.

They will probably be a 16 seed. Michigan will probably be a 1 seed.

Committee, you have one job here.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s pretty much no path to a #1 for Bama after the Arkansas loss, right?

Eh, idk.

SEC tournament win + upset heavy Big Ten tournament might get Alabama there.

If Big Ten final is Michigan vs Iowa or something, then yeah thereā€™s no path.

Gonzaga, Baylor, Michigan are all locked into 1 seeds. Illinois has a hold on the 4th one seed currently, Iā€™m not sure that them losing to Rutgers and Alabama winning the SEC Tournament would be enough for Bama to jump them but itā€™s probably close. Illinoisā€™s resume is just so strong

The streak continues. Somehow after getting blown by 30 vs Iowa the Sparties pulled it off with 3 top 5 wins.

Thatā€™s it. Suck it Duke.

lol what happened where 4-5 vs 4-7 conference records is the title game

Well, Duke sure as shit ainā€™t making the tourney now.

https://www.si.com/college/duke/basketball/covid-ends-duke-season

1 Like

Thatā€™s a brutal way to end the season.

Fuck Duke, but not like that.

Hopefully this doesnā€™t happen during the tournament. Completely idiotic not to push it back a week.

1 Like

Cuse should be in not biased

Actually think I agree with this. I donā€™t think theyā€™re that good, but a lot of bubble teams arenā€™t any better.

1 Like