College basketball

Big time oof from Michigan tonight. Illinois pressures the ball because Kofi is so good at maintaining position around the rim and Michigan couldn’t get any open looks because of it, missed a few and it just got away from them.

For those sick of Your Alabama Crimson Tide…maybe a #1 seed lol

Also this

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1358247311940419585?s=20

1 Like

Sadly, I think we need to cancel March Madness. Just for the safety of everyone involved. Records of every team this year should be purged from the records, after all you don’t know what they would have done in a noncovid year. Just best for all collegiate athletes.

3 Likes

Except Duke’s. Let that stand in all its shitty glory.

7 Likes

As someone who has $300 on Michigan to win the Big Ten Tournament at +2500 and $500 on Alabama at +2000 to win the SEC Tournament… Conference Tournaments better happen. Preferably a 4-team tournament at the home court of the regular season champion.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TerrellTres/status/1358592207079563279

2 Likes
2 Likes

i lived in Chapel Hill for a year when we first moved to the states. Seeing people staying all night in line to get in… a bar to watch the game vs duke was probably the dumbest thing i’ve ever seen and i bought a $1000 package of virtual nba cards.

they also burn couches after they beat duke because why not.

3 Likes

Kansas out of the AP top 25 for the first time since 2009, ending the longest streak in history.

Apparently it’s been 60 years since Kansas/Kentucky/UCLA/Duke/UNC were all unranked in the same week.

1 Like

Can we get Duke vs Kentucky in the CBI?

That’s assuming Kentucky makes the CBI

(yes I know CBI would snap offer Kentucky a spot in the CBI, don’t let that get in the way of me making a joke)

Top 13 in all time wins are unranked

2 Likes

in stats that may only interest me, 6-4 is leading a 10 team college basketball division right now I bring you the northeast conference

3 6-4 teams, a 7-5, 5-4, 6-5, 4-4, 4-6, 4-7, 4-9

completely ridiculous

1 Like

Michigan comes out of lockdown, holds Wisconsin to 20 2nd half points, and picks up a huge road win. Still one conference loss, it’ll be interesting to see if make up games get added to the schedule coming up given they lost 5 games due to COVID shutdown.

So they have games

2/18
2/21
2/27
3/4
3/7

I could certainly see them trying to squeeze a game in there 2/24 and 3/1. Don’t know why you would do more than that though.

I think there’s a thought out there somewhere that they’re going to squeeze in all the games somehow which obviously isn’t going to happen. I think they’ll probably try to get in the game against Illinois because it’s a top 5 matchup and they haven’t played yet this year, but I just don’t see forcing teams to have to do a gauntlet schedule just so all teams can play the same number of games for the conference title race.

Kentucky got a technical on them for too many players on the court. This team man…

Cuse was down 20 in the 2nd half and came back to win to save their chances

Rough restart for Baylor since their latest Covid break. They’re now a full 2.5 points below Michigan on Kenpom AdjEM.

It doesn’t change much because unless Gonzaga drops a game, Baylor and Michigan will still get the 2 and 3 seeds overall, and so much of what happens on the 2-4 line is dependent on who gets the 4th one seed then limitations by conference from there.

Basically if Michigan and another Big Ten team get the two one seeds (Iowa, Illinois, or Ohio St) then the other 2 Big Ten teams are automatically put in Baylor and Gonzaga’s brackets.

1 Like

The bracket is up at the JW.

2 Likes