Cobra Kai (spoilers strike first in the crane kick position)

Cobra Kai now available for free so congrats those of you who resisted the siren’s song of yet another streaming service (yootoob)

https://twitter.com/denofgeekus/status/1167376415140012033?s=21

I got my free trial for each season.

Epix. Some interesting original content coming from them.

LOL @ YouTube TV. They have a lot of good stuff from other sources, but I have yet to see anything worth watching produced by YouTube.

Possible exceptions are Cobra Kai, which I have not seen but looks to be excellent. And they have a sort-of TV series sequel to the old Hayden Christiansen movie Jumper that’s about a female jumper who is a sexual assault survivor. I only saw the pilot but that was excellent.

Season 1 of Cobra Kai was great.

I didn’t watch it on YouTube though :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Cobra Kai is a joy to watch.

3 Likes

I know it’s been mentioned here already, but if you have Netflix you should stop what you’re doing and watch Cobra Kai.
If you don’t have Netflix, you should pawn your Trans Am and get a subscription.
If you don’t have a Trans Am, WTF are you doing in this thread?

8 Likes

I have the first two seasons of Cobra Kai on DVD, so suck it.

2 Likes

I watched about half of the first episode and was not digging it, is that an atypical reaction?

1 Like

Almost the only thing I didn’t like about the show is it relied too heavily on footage from the movies, and I think that is most true for the first episode.

Cobra Kai is sooooooo good. The rare sequel series that adds a ton of value to the originals.

1 Like

I’m surprised at how strong this show is. I figured it would be a nice booster shot of nostalgia, but it’s legit good.

I am a bit confused as to why S2 was made as S1 is a very cohesive and contained story.

2 Likes

Most pilots suck. Stick with it

OK you guys talked me into watching Corba Kai. I am 100% the target audience for this, watched all of the Karate Kid movies as a young boy. I don’t think I’ve ever rewatched any of them, but I still remember the essential bits, like “PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG!” that all 80’s kids have seared into their memories.

2 Likes

Woot!

Are we going a group watch of this? I will def be down for a watch party.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m going to need some Cobra Kai clarity here because you folks are being way too damn vague.

2 years ago I watched the first season of Cobra Kai. I thought it was very good.

Last year there was a second season that I didn’t watch, because it didn’t seem like anybody else cared so I followed suit.

We are now well into 2020 and afaik there have been no more Cobra Kais, but for some reason everybody is talking about it again like it’s the new hotness. What the heck?

oic

That doesn’t imply a rosy future for youtube’s premium services.

1 Like

yeah youtube premium pretty much done, I wouldn’t feel too bad for youtube though

1 Like

For the newcomers to Cobra Kai, a reminder to look for me in Season 2, Episode 2:

Those are my real kids, but not my real wife. She unfortunately couldn’t get off of work that day. My smile is goofy, too.

We bought a car from Daniel LaRusso.

21 Likes

Holy shit, that’s cool.

1 Like