The Television Streaming Thread: Now With Felonies

Late to the Letterkenny bandwagon but the first episode was delightful.

Oh, yeah. Vanessa Rousso.

Just finished season 3 of The Hanmaid’s Tale and really enjoyed it. Full disclosure, I hated the first 2 seasons largely bc it felt like they were (poorly) masquerading cruelty as entertainment. There felt like less of that this season and more dramatic tension related to the character’s choices in this world with pretty well-defined boundaries.

There are certainly plot holes for sure, but a reasonable follow up and worth the watch.

1 Like

Handmaid’s*

Despite the dumb question mark in the title, Hail Satan? is actually pretty great. On Hulu.

151 posts were split to a new topic: Cobra Kai (spoilers strike first in the crane kick position)

YouTube is going ad based for all their streaming content in the future.

Just watched the first episode of the Untold History of the United States on Netflix. It’s a Showtime show from 2012. Ep 1 started with WWII and was fascinating–I learned a lot, and it really lays bare how hollow the narrative we learned in school was. I recommend it and will definitely watch the rest soon.

1 Like

Binged all 3 seasons of “Easy” on Netflix the past few days and thought it was pretty great. More drama than comedy, it’s about the impact of sex (the act, the perception of it, its importance) on the lives of a group of loosely connected people in Chicago. It’s not perfect as it was a little uneven in spots, but a couple of the outstanding episodes are as good as anything that is out there.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Made it half way through Carnival Row so far. Prolly gonna finish it because of A+ production design and world building, and it’s not terrible.

But it ain’t great either.

Gordon Ramsey has a new show and its on youtube :sweat_smile:

Opps looks like these are old episodes :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It’s HBO so maybe on the Android box.

1 Like

Amazon prime.

might be blocked in your country. sad!

Marty it’s on my Android box…

Cyberflix & Bobby’s movies and Dream TV App.

1 Like

Australian show Utopia is worth a look

This on the Netflix?

I don’t think so but it might be because US netflix is different to ours.

1 Like

Finished Carnival Row last night and after a very slow start, was thoroughly into it by the time the season finale landed. The show is beautiful to watch and is like Harry Potter meets Penny Dreadful with a side of Steam Punk.

It is about a group of non-human “Crits” who were forced from their home and are now trying to live among humans who are not very happy to have them around. The parallel to real-world conflicts between asylum seekers and “natives” isn’t very subtle but still manages to be compelling.

Almost gave up after the first 2 episodes tbh. Thought they were really poorly directed and the dialogue was very corny in some important spots. Glad I stuck with it though because Orlando Bloom was great and the story and presentation definitely improved.

Would recommend.

1 Like