Chinese government response to Coronavirus

Was Trump warned before January? Certainly I’d like to see some documentation on that. Big if true.

ABC reported Trump was briefed in November, though there couldn’t have been more than a handful of known cases then. The White House denied the story.

1 Like

There’s plenty more. Try something called a quick search.

Apparently Peter Navarro, yeah Trump’s own Peter Navarro warned him.

1 Like

The transition team from the Obama administration also walked them through a pandemic scenario very similar to this one, given how predictable it was, and they blew it off.

2 Likes

Keed is a regular joesixpack when it comes to being focused on irrelevant blame during an ongoing crisis and not focused on the people failing right now that are affecting us.

6 Likes

They asked him about that specifically at the last press conference. Answer was a word salad of I didn’t see the memo, I get a lot of memos and I banned travel from China.

So, yep. What I said.
lol this fkn admin and their apologists. What a history book it’s gonna be…

Pretty good summary.

1 Like

It’s an act, for us, his audience. I don’t know why either.

Doesn’t seem plausible. In any case, if Trump was actually briefed in November about the virus, then that makes China’s and WHO’s behavior even more irresponsible, which was my point. Trump was briefed in November about the virus but China/WHO denied human to human transmission on January 14? Madness.

LOL. You can take a break from the forum if you’ve got other things to do. Your responses literally write themselves now, so we’re covered.

5 Likes

feel free to ignore me. I certainly ignore you.

1 Like

Classic Keed response:

I’m not wrong, but even if I am wrong about this, it only makes me more right overall.

5 Likes

I mean you have to admit it’s kind of funny. The poster tells you to “Stop deflecting to China” and talks about Trump being warned earlier. You imply that would be bad for Trump (“big if true”) and then when shown why there is some reason to think that Trump may have been warned earlier your response is… “Boy that makes China look even worse than I thought!”

1 Like

If the virus was so bad in China that Trump was briefed on it in November doesn’t that make China’s response even worse? China didn’t acknowledge human to human transmission until mid-January!

In any case none of these reports that Trump was briefed in November seem credible at all.

Nobody gives two cow pies about what China did here relative to Trump. At a minimum he wasted 70 days. 70 days when we could have had a response like SK or Taiwan or Vietnam.
Heck we even watched Italy blow up and still delayed on taking action. It took Tom Hanks and Rudy Gobert to get people to take action and then it was at the state level. It’s hard to define one positive thing he has done from a health perspective and the one thing he has done economically is comically slow getting into normal peoples hands and seems likely his family and cronies will grift billions. Why else would he get rid of oversight than to do something unethical and likely illegal?

Do you somehow think your China rants are brilliant and it’s going to change our minds. He is a dirtbag, you seem to acknowledge he has done a bad job why do keep whatabout China defending him? Do you see anything when you look in a mirror?

4 Likes

I’m not defending Trump or comparing China’s response to Trump’s response. One thing has nothing to do with the other. But very clearly China’s initial response was very bad, contrary to what posters like @churchill would have you believe.

I’m definitely not trying to change your mind about anything.

lol

5 Likes

No one is disputing that China did a bad job and did not act in good faith to the rest of the world. It’s like posting the sky is blue.

Then what the hell are you arguing with me about it for?