COVID-19 (2): Turns out it's going to be pretty bad actually

This one really got to me. Not sure if we should post this heartstring-tugging stuff here.

3 Likes

Not much of an ethical dilemma as long as you give them out somewhere. Locally better.

imo, wait til you get em and then go share them with your local nursing homes/hospitals. Don’t promise anything to anyone until you have them in hand (so to speak).

Trump was explicitly warned about the possible Covid-19 pandemic - by his own officials - in Jan/Feb of this year; and also about pandemics in general since before he was fucking inaugurated years ago. Obamas admin held meetings about it just for his admin to take on board what had been learned and prepared for. Trump admin trashed that, as we all know now. And here we are.

But Keeed’s like: I’m obviously not defending Trump, but China, something blah, blah, blah.

gtfo w your Trump stanning Keeed

3 Likes

fuck off you lying ■■■■■ Obviously the Chinese government isn’t to be trusted on any of this shit. Obviously Trump’s response has been quite bad.

2 Likes

Alright so I got a big fucking problem.

My sister, not the nurse but the one married to a Trump supporter, well that guy has 3 young adults from a previous marriage and unsurprisingly they aren’t taking it serious, they work at amazon, don’t wear masks etc. So my sister is freaking out that it’s a high risk house. She’s 37 and is a bit of a hypochondriac and thinks she has health issues that have never actually been diagnosed.

Anyways, she wants to come stay with us. My mom told her that’s fine. I’m furious at my sister. My mom is obviously not going to say no, it’s her daughter.

I know my sister is scared but I have every right to tell her she can’t fucking come here right?

1 Like

Am I lying about Trump and his admin being warned of Covid-19 in January and before?
Am I lying about you deflecting to blurgh, China shit…?

Stop deflecting to China shit. Yeah, they lied too.

PS: Maybe I am a ■■■■■ But hey, look at you.
You’re saying Trumps response has been “quite bad”. jfc. He blew two months when days count.

They are jail inmates from Riker’s, at least they normally are. I looked into Harts island several months ago, the island is controlled by the Bureau of Prisons for this exact purpose. Normal usage nowadays is less than a hundred/year. No public access to the island except for mourners a couple times a year.

Yeah there’s a NYT article about possibly burying bodies temporarily due to morgues being overrun and then excavating them later for families to do proper burials.

ln before ventilator makers decide to sue the shit out of these guys. Because, of course they will.

2 Likes

I know from personal experience putting a mother between two adult children is going to be a lose lose lose.

2 Likes

You have the right, I suppose, if you own the place. If it’s technically your mom’s place, then you probably don’t. Of course, I assume the situation is more complex than that.

1 Like

Serious hardcore quarantine room w her own bathroom for 2 weeks, if that’s possible. Keeps mum ok and if sis can deal w the quarantine. jmho.
You can still chit chat and shit as long as noone’s coughing on each other from close range - afaik.
Just my crappy off the cuff suggestion.

1 Like

There’s no way anyone else can answer this for you. Are you sure she doesn’t have other reasons to want to leave her house? Is it possible for her to quarantine somewhere else? Is it possible to keep her separated in the same house? If it’s not really up to you, will your freaking out about it make it worse?

As you know, I’m temporarily in a similar situation. If my mom wanted something and I didn’t want it to happen, maybe I could get my way if I’m smart about it, but if push comes to shove and she wants it, she’ll have the occasional caretaker she has do it and that person is a fucking idiot who brought us used masks to use. So, anyway, make the best decision you can, do what you can, and accept what you can’t.

3 Likes

I’d tell her yes, but she first must self-quarantine in a local hotel for two weeks. If she doesn’t get sick during that time, then you’re probably okay to let her stay.

Time doing a piece of Dr. Acton, and Dewine going on CNN and being all chummy with Cuomo. The hicks aren’t going to like this one bit.

Our cleaning lady texted to ask if we wanted her to come this week. We, of course, said no. My wife asked if anybody has had her keep coming and she said out of 23 clients, only 2 have had her come.

That’s why we keep paying her.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t really want to be around someone who was just in a hotel right about now…

Update: My initial reaction was probably that of an asshole. I’m just super stressed out and couldn’t believe she would put our mom in this situation coming from a high risk house. We live in a small two bedroom house and there is zero chance she would be quarantined for two weeks away from my mom in this house. She was going to put a blow up mattress in the living room. Well that was their idea when they talked at least lol.

But before I talked to my sister I realized she is just scared so I told her I understood and would work with her to find other alternatives including possibly getting her a hotel room or going to our sisters. There are definitely other options which is why I was initially pissed she would ask that of our mom, but yeah she was just scared.

So I just had a lil internal meltdown on here, then calmed down before I actually talked to my sister, and we’re working on other solutions.

Thanks guys.

21 Likes

Damnit. I broke my hammer and busted off a sprinkler head (not with the hammer) today.

And this is why the economy will not come roaring back when Trump gives the ok. People will make their own decisions on whether to allow people to come into their homes. I’d like to get new carpeting, but its going to wait (again). Same thing with going out. We’ll do it when we’re ready and not before, regardless of what Trump says. People may be ordered back to work, but there won’t be as many customers as before.

2 Likes