Cannabis: Now Cheap and Legal Everywhere*

I just picked up a Magical Butter machine and am going to make a 2 or 3 cup batch of infused avocado oil or the same amount of tincture using grain alcohol. I’ll be using an ounce of ~20% flower either way. Any recommendations or pro tips out there?

Idk how the machine works, does it do the decarb for you? I recommend doing the decarb with sous vide if you have access to a machine. I wrapped in alfoil then in plastic because the plastic can get a bit soft and sticky at the high temps needed. The other thing I recommend is freezing the herb before (or during) doing the soak in alcohol, the purpose of this is to break down cell walls. You know how if you freeze then thaw something like spinach it gets all soggy, that’s what you’re going for. Helps leach out the active ingredients.

I’ll need to decarb it first. The machine supposedly does the work without stinking up the house. Oil gets infused at 160 degrees for one hour. I might let it cool and run it one more time for max extraction, but that might be a waste of time. The tincture takes 8 hours at 130 degrees and should keep indefinitely. It should also come out pretty strong. I don’t want to make a weak batch, so leaning towards the tincture atm.

I’m a heavy smoker, smoke at least a gram a day and definitely notice differences between different strains and indica/sativa although most of the weed I smoke nowadays are hybrids.

Also started a little grow op with a couple friends, here are the beginnings. It’s my first time attempting any kind of growing and I’m learning from my buddy who’s done this before. Hope they turn out alright

4 Likes
1 Like

This is going to be legal before weed is isn’t it?

1 Like

None from clone. The one in the bucket is a seed from some weed of a person we know that passed away. My friend just wanted to try out the deep water method (i think thats what its called) with the random seed for fun.

The other 3 plants are all from seeds by exotic genetix called “shrieker.” It’s a 80/20 sativa that says it has about 60-70 days of flowering time with a high yield and aroma of cat piss ammonia lol. We had the seeds for over a year and 3 out of 6 worked out. We topped the plants recently and they are doing great. We plan on keeping the best one as a mother plant and right now 2 of them look really good.

It’s in a 4x4 tent set up. We have controllers set up helping with monitoring the temperature and humidity. We also are using reverse osmosis water mixed with some nutrients, don’t have the exact list on hand. The light is the roi-680 which is awesome but pretty expensive. I think my buddy wants to do a drip delivery method when we get some clones but we still haven’t decided fully. This is more of a test run and I’m still learning a lot these first few weeks with my first attempt at growing anything haha

4 Likes

IMP-5 week 8 of flowering:

i left the bucket all week and the water ended up getting low and acidic by the time i was able to change it. next time i’m gonna change the water twice a week when it gets big like this

6 Likes

harvest is coming up some time next week or the week after, so i wanted to plan ahead. placed an order for seeds tuesday and they arrived today lol

5 Likes

I’ve read that I should harvest when trichromes start to turn amber because that signifies the end of thc accumulation and the switch to other cannabinoids. The seed company says 60-75 days for this one. So starting next wednesday I’m gonna check the trichromes daily

yeah i read that different parts of the plant have their trichromes turn amber at different times.

wrt drying, i think i’ll fuck that part up for sure because my house is like 30% RH cause it’s wintry here. even if i refill the humidifier in my tent every day it doesn’t get over 45%.

i’m gonna trim wet and put buds on these mesh racks that i bought for drying buds that look like a high rise condo for marijuana with loads of levels.

then i plan on jar curing. i got some of those humidipacks for that part at least. jar curing sounds like a huge pain in the ass and a guy i play poker with who has been giving me advice said he doesn’t even do the curing. but i’m just growing for me so i’m gonna have it all sitting around nearby anyway so i’ll give it a try and hope i don’t end up with moldy weed right at the very last step

2 Likes

2 Likes

according to the feeding schedule that came with my nutrients, they recommend a week of no nutrients and just water right before harvest

That was me last night since my gf is in Hawaii with her family.

2 Likes

IMP-5 week 9 of flowering:

7 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

Wow. Amazing pics BJ.

1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes

Pete won't smoke an imaginary joint

2 Likes