Democratic Primaries 2020 - Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

It has been legal in plenty of places for quite a while with no poor societal effects. This weird thing where Americans pretend other societies dont exist always irks me.

8 Likes

Definitely not trolling. I’ve been identifying as a statist in arguing against libertarians since the mid-90s. I knew what an ACer was long before I found 2+2.

One is chance, twice is coincidence… what’s occurrence #100 called?

3 Likes

Well Mr. Data, the data in this thread is showing most people think you’re an idiot and your position sucks.

This may seem like a strange line for some, but I am okay with decriminalization but am reserving judgment on full-out legalization.

7 Likes

Well the original post was on topic at least haha.

1 Like

I can live with being in the minority. I’ve managed to live as a liberal in very white, rather conservative places for much of my life.

If we gonna continue this conversation you should go post your opinion in the thread Smacc posted. No reason to derail this thread any further.

10 Likes

Drug users not concerned about drug use is not a convincing argument.

2 Likes

Yeah guys we just need to study it a little more. maybe then we can take it off the schedule 1 controlled substances list. Give me a break. I think some people ITT are high on life.

Last post here for me but it is a convincing argument when 52% of the country have used it(that admit it) and 0% have died or reported significant side effects.

Among other things:

2 Likes

Pete’s top advisor having a burner account pretending to be a Nigerian Pete supporter is a great Sunday morning gift.

5 Likes

I did propose the idea of making people take a test and acquire a license for using alcohol.

The truth is that legalization of marijuana just isn’t a deal-breaker for me. A candidate’s opinion on this isn’t going to sway me one way or the other. I don’t really respect anyone who is going to be a single-issue weed voter, but those are the sort of fools you probably have to cater to if you want to put a lot more state legislative seats up for grabs. Since this issue doesn’t particular appeal to me, I would be happy to see marijuana banned at the federal level if it could be used in a cynical way to make gains at the state level.

I do have concerns about how marijuana laws are enforced in racially unjust ways, but for now I prefer decriminalization over legalization.

No polls dropping today? Is that because of the holiday weekend?

Looks like a pretty good chance Bloomberg lucks out and misses the debate. He needs one more national poll by Tuesday.

Marijuana debaters:

11 Likes

Death, taxes and anachronistic making terrible fucking posts

2 Likes

:v: