Calling Men "Incels": Are We The Baddies?

No, that’s how they use it. The issue is that apparently when Trolly uses it to describe left-wing posters here, or at least to smear them by association, he means “Bad person I don’t like”.

Is he trying to n word the i word?

How about if I just call them “Pepegressives” instead?

Would you call someone you didn’t like an incel if they were, say, married? Or if you didn’t know their relationship status? This is confusing.

This is high order nonsense.

Pretty much, assuming you mean what I think you do.

I’d prefer if you accept that a legitimate critique of the primacy of identity in contemporary liberal politics can be made from the left.

1 Like

yeah it has the causality exactly backwards.

Right, are those two Red Scare ladies, uh, incel-adjacent?

Just popping in to recommend ContraPoints’ video on incels. And the rest of her videos as well.

3 Likes

They may be. What about Adolph Reed?

She is one of my favourite you tubers. Her recent canceling video should be required viewing by all on the left. She is absolutely brilliant.

don’t know who that is but googling him I can tell just from his picture that that guy fucks

He is definitely 73 years old, if that’s your point?

I don’t really have a point except turning this thread into is this or that person an incel seems dumb

That’s a “no” from me, dog.

Try not doing it then?

I didn’t? My original post responding to you was saying it is dumb to label this or that person an incel because they question woke politics.

In Chicago, for instance, we’ve gotten a foretaste of the new breed of foundation-hatched black communitarian voices; one of them, a smooth Harvard lawyer with impeccable do-good credentials and vacuous-to-repressive neoliberal politics, has won a state senate seat on a base mainly in the liberal foundation and development worlds. His fundamentally bootstrap line was softened by a patina of the rhetoric of authentic community, talk about meeting in kitchens, small-scale solutions to social problems, and the predictable elevation of process over program — the point where identity politics converges with old-fashioned middle-class reform in favoring form over substance. I suspect that his ilk is the wave of the future in U.S. black politics, as in Haiti and wherever else the International Monetary Fund has sway.

—Adolph Reed, Village Voice, 16/01/1996

An exercise for the reader who he’s describing, lol.

Reed himself:

Adolph Leonard Reed Jr. (born January 14, 1947) is an American professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania, specializing in race and American politics. He has taught at Yale, Northwestern, and the New School for Social Research and he has written on racial and economic inequality. He is a contributing editor to The New Republic and has been a frequent contributor to The Progressive and The Nation and other leftwing publications. He is a founding member of the U.S. Labor Party.

And in the blue corner… some guy on a message board who’s seen more than a few reddit screenshots, please and thank you. I think the point is made.

The Red Scare people are not a great example, frankly, but fair enough, I misunderstood.

Are you under the illusion that this is the kind of critique internet dudes who shriek about “idpol simps” are making when they fume about “identity politics?”