Calling Men "Incels": Are We The Baddies?

this is kind of a good post. the wokesters love to attack anyone that uses any language that may be even slightly considered problematic. even when given context and usage it is not meant as such. now its certainly understandable that such language should be changed. but instead of educating, they themselves use equally disgusting and far more misogynistic language such as “incel.”

incel is a disgusting term that reduces women to some sort of conquest and ties a man’s self worth into it.

2 Likes

Incel is a DESCRIPTION of people who treat women poorly…which is why they can’t get laid.

Nice right-wing talking point though. This is exactly like someone saying “racist” is a disgusting term because it reduces people to the color of their skin.

3 Likes

Somehow I have a feeling that saying “lol nobody would want to fuck insert female poster here” would be treated a lot differently ITT than calling Watevs an incel, and it goes without saying that Trolly would be leading the charge to ban whoever made the first statement.

5 Likes

Very confused by this post. ‘Incel’ = ‘Involuntary celibate’, originally coined by a woman to describe her own situation. Words accrue and shed senses and connotations over time etc, so to the extent that ‘incel’ has become a by-word for socially-maladapted misogynists, well and good, I suppose.

But! That’s not how the incels themselves use it. They use it to describe their self-perceived failings in life according to a conception of masculinity grounded in sexual prowess. If Vict0ar wants to point out the obvious issues with that, what’s your beef? I take it that you definitely aren’t just trying to prevent him from distancing himself from reddit-based misogynists, as if there’s some kind of rule that means he has to accept being lumped in with them… so what gives?

I mean, complete this for me:

Racist:Incel :: Skin colour:???

1 Like

I mean, it should be? They’re both bad, but one is clearly worse, basically.

I won’t vote for a rapist warmonger and I think big money in politics is bad. Because of this trolly and Brucez have moved the conversation to how much sex I have

2 Likes

Which one is worse? They’re saying literally the same thing - if anything “incel” is worse because of the negative connotations that come along with it in addition to the fact that nobody will fuck you.

Real puzzler here. It’s like, why how come I can’t say then N word but rappers can? :thinking:

So is ‘cracker’ as bad as the n-word*, or…?

*I was initially reluctant to use this analogy, but I’ve decided that for meta-game reasons it’s extremely funny to be using it to defend Trolly’s hypothetical misdeeds, so game on.

Edit: And an implicit blessing from the man himself! So choice.

Right totally the same.

? I honestly can’t tell if you’re being serious.

Go on… so in this analogy which group of people can say the incel word and which can’t?

I don’t think that fits. Cracker and the n word are different words but it seems like you guys are saying it’s ok to call a male poster here incel but if you did the same to a woman it would be worse? Maybe I’m not understanding the analogy

I personally DGAF about any of your sex lives

3 Likes

I am serious. This board is a male-dominated space in a male-dominated society. All else equal, a gender-based attack on a woman equating her worth to her “”"""""“sexual market value”""""""", as the incels put it, is more vicious than a superficially comparable attack on another member of the in-group. Purely so here, since we’re all merely posters and other aspects like class/SES aren’t very evident.

I said “both are bad”, why do people have so much difficulty with this? “X is worse than Y” does not mean “Y is cool and good”.

3 Likes

Nevermind, I reread what you said, I was confusing your analogy with trollys which was different

1 Like

You seem to think that lack of sex is the reason “incel” is an insult and not their toxic brand of alt-right politics.

2 Likes

You’re just straight up lying about where the words I use come from and you clearly don’t spend any time talking to leftists, not I expect much from that the king of Biden apology. Have a nice life

This. Calling someone an incel isn’t attacking them for being shy or playing dungeons and dragons. It’s attacking them for their views on women and relationships.

Remember that the term was first brought up in response to someone going hard at “identity politics” and being too supportive of female politicians.

1 Like

Think, then, about the manner in which it was disavowed.