Bump this thread when terrible famous people die

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1707783159813755343?t=BJcEhoTg3PFll4mKlTG_6A&s=19

The ones doing the retconning are the ones jumping for joy on her grave.

She’s been a hero longer than you’ve been alive. Should she have not run in 2018? Sure. 100% agree. Of course then we get racist Kevin De Leon, but that’s results oriented thinking.

But to deny her history of good works based on the past few years is the real retcon.

4 Likes

Gonna save a place in this thread for when Bernie dies. At least Feinstein got shit done and didn’t just play to the peanut gallery while dying of old age in the Senate.

Guns are well under control now thanks to her hard work. Thank you, senator!

2 Likes

I mean she literally got the assault weapons ban passed. I think it lapsed under Bush. Should she have done more? She can’t force Ted Cruz or Mitch McConnell to vote for legislation.

4 Likes

Hard to force Republicans to do things when you’re busy hugging them

5 Likes

She introduced and passed a landmark assault rifle ban, you guys are terminally ironypilled if you can’t begrudgingly admit that’s a good thing.

Are you guys gonna call Bernie a Neo-Confederate when he passes? Just nutty stuff here.

3 Likes

I think she was embalmed a couple of years back.

People just want to ignore her last twenty years and how her lust for power screwed over the country.

I am glad she did the stuff she did but as a living human in 2023 she was a huge negative.

I’d change “human” to “senator”.

No one would have minded if she had been spending the last 15 years doing standard retired old person stuff.

And I don’t think anyone is actually happy that she’s dead; anyone celebrating is just glad she’s not in the senate anymore.

9 Likes

This.

Homelessness exploded in San Francisco under her watch as mayor in the 1980s because she insisted that it was a “temporary” problem rather than a moral failing of the American government.

For the tail end of her political career, she was always close to the most right-leaning Democrat and served while clearly mentally compromised as a selfish way to continue to enrich herself up until her death. This not only hurt the party, it also prevented a younger, more progressive person from rising up the political ranks. If she cared so much about America and continuing to do great things, she would have retired ages ago but selfishness took over.

3 Likes

…in other words, she was a politician.

Yup. One of the worst things you can possibly be.

You don’t get the power DiFi had without selling your soul. At that level, politics self-selects for sociopathic behavior.

2 Likes

Fair enough

https://twitter.com/MuskTillDawn/status/1707766169015382446?t=emqhtj7Y6MDRQVET_H26iQ&s=19

5 Likes

I would like to apologize to the Californians. While Feinstein didn’t have a perfect record she did have a good one especially when people needed her to be.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/RadishHarmers/status/1707768264074334420?t=EgY-yVtgFs-iP8w9KZcvvQ&s=19

7 Likes

vaccinated?

5 Likes

16 Likes

I am happy that she died because that was the only way she was leaving the senate