Bump this thread when terrible famous people die

RIP Diane Feinstein
1810-2023

15 Likes

Has her estate mentioned if her corpse is still gonna run for reelection or not?

17 Likes

I wonder how the GOP will successfully keep her seat from being filled before 2025?

1 Like

They’ll keep her seat on the judiciary committee from being filled. Which means no judges confirmed.

1 Like

She already announced she wasn’t running. Newsom said he would appoint a caretaker not running in 2024 if the seat became vacant. He also pledged to appoint a black woman.

The Republicans were blocking a temporary replacement on the Judiciary Committee, so her dying might actually make it harder for them to block nominations.

What’s the latest point in her life where she could have died and not be seen as a terrible person by posters here?

1 Like

Birth?

1 Like

her body may have failed but it’s good to know her mind was still vibrant right up until she passed.

https://twitter.com/SenFeinstein/status/1707505956957872385

2 Likes

Real question is will the candidate that runs in her district be over or under 70.

Lol the NYTimes doesn’t have the full obituary ready to go .

1 Like

Both.

Adam Schiff (age 63), Katie Porter (age 49), and Barbara Lee (age 77) had all already announced they were running for the seat in 2024.

2 Likes

Saw so many posts I thought Kissinger croaked

8c364a34d69693826752ff7437b84326b39aec09_2_423x500

2 Likes

Rumors on Twitter that Kissinger was cast in a remake of Back to School.

You just gave Katie Porter at least one additional vote, I didn’t realize Schiff was in his 60s.

I didn’t either until I looked it up.

Knew the other two within a year, but would have guessed Schiff was in his early to mid 50s. He doesn’t look that old imo.

I exclaimed an audible “YES!” when I read the news, am I a bad person?

Kissinger has his own thread.