Betting on Sports

I was considering signing up for league pass but I might as well just do this promotion. $200 in bets and I get league pass all year.

1 Like

forgot to just bet the overs tonight for points, wonder how that would’ve done

foxbet got me on the dunk prop again. philly to win and embiid a dunk.
2 layups.
dumbdumbdumbdumb

I like Michigan, Bama, FSU, Cincy, PSU, Wake, sorry I didn’t post earlier so you guys could fade me :(

So I got lucky this week, in that I parlayed Michigan, FSU and Wake together. Sucks I had to give a third of it back thanks to lolpsu and Cincy, which I should have known better than to bet because I don’t bet against home dogs ~ever and that’s why.

Michigan tried their best not to cover 23.5. They had the ball 4th down late on like the Northwestern 15 and went for it up 33-7, and got it. Of course it was called back on a bullshit penalty. So they settle for a FG, which of course they proceeded to miss. This was after previously missing a 2-pt conversation on their last TD instead of kicking the XP which would have put them up by 27. NU then drove right down the field and probably would have backdoored me had they not run out of time :persevere:

I don’t think there’s anyone in sports that grinds my gears more than Brian Kelly. On USC tonight for that reason alone.

Added $300 more on Ohio State (sigh) to win the national title at +700 in addition to the $100 I already had at +900.

They’re back to being a total death star and could totally get into this playoff with 2 losses still.

New to live in-game betting here.

Any big Do’s or Don’ts I should read up on or know about to lose my money slower?

Prob just have multiple books up so you can line shop would be where I’d start.

1 Like

Let’s take stock of my Football futures as we get close to the midseason point.

JT Daniels for Heisman +1200 for $200 - Dead as he’s been injured. Still feel like he would have put up decent numbers as the QB for the #1 team, but injuries killed this one.

Georgia to win SEC +200 for $500 - On track here. They’re almost definitely getting to the SECCG. Unfortunately they’ll probably have to play Alabama and would only be a 3 or so point favorite.

Georgia to go undefeated + Win national title +2000 for $50. Still a fun sweat here once they got through Clemson game. Definitely got some legs here.

UNC to win ACC +1400 for $100 - Picked this one up after Clemson looked like garbage, bet on the wroooooong horse.

Oklahoma to win Big 12 -170 for $850 - Hanging on by a thread here but with a packed three-way race behind them, chances are still looking good that they get to the champ game.

Michigan to win National Title +5000 for $200 - Homer pick for sure, but they could get in the playoff if they go 1 loss.

Ohio State to win National Title +900 for $100 and +700 for $300 - Absolute value freight train here. They’re looking dominant again, most computer rankings have them co #1 with Georgia, definite possibility they just roll over everybody on their schedule and are the #2 seed in the playoff and get to be like a 14 point favorite over Cincy to get to the title game.

Minnesota to win the Big Ten +10000 for $50 - Love this one too. They’ve been looking better, can at least get into a situation where they win and are in vs. Wisconsin in the last game. Still a chance they get a fraud team like Michigan or Sparty instead of the OSU Death Star in the title game.

NFL

Stafford Pass Yards Leader +1300 for $200 - Still a chance on this one. He’s stayed healthy, Rams are airing it out every game, 3rd in the league in yards currently.

Chiefs +550 to win SB for $200 - Woof, team looks awful, might not even get to the 10 wins required to freeroll this one on the Fanduel Promo

Rams +1400 to win SB for $50 - I forget what Barstool promo this one was for, but looks reasonable.

Rondale Moore OROY for $10 - Dead. Offense is humming but it ain’t because of him.

1 Like

This is always a good idea when sports betting in general. But given how fast live game odds can change cross-checking multiple books might be tricky if you are trying to place bets in a 10 to 30 second window.

I have no idea if you think you’ve picked up on something and have an edge on some live bets, but given that you are even asking about it here, I would guess not. I imagine live betting is tricky given that they have larger edges baked into the odds to make up for the additional uncertainty. I tend to stay away from live bets unless I have an odds booster, and even then I question whether a 20% profit boost is enough to overcome the odds. I usually try to make a live bet right as the game starts before the line has a chance to move much in that case.

1 Like

draftkings drop the daily rewards? not that it mattered much at all but I odn’t have to go on there every day now

No you can bet $200 on live blackjack to get a $5 sports bet :slight_smile:

They changed it. Gold is 10 coins every day. Platinum is $1/day. Of course I dropped from Plat to gold this month.

I have gold too cause there wasn’t much to bet this month oh well 10 every day isn’t worth it anyway

For real I think if you have a moderate bankroll atm you can make a fortune just betting the ML every game against the Orlando Magic from now on for the next few years my god what a tire fire :fire:

Backcourt of the future is set with Cole Anthony and Jalen Suggs though.

They always say that, then one of two things happens: they plateau and fall off and fade into obscure role-players, or they get gud and move to a market that isn’t shit to play in an arena not named for a pyramid scheme.

Trying to figure out who to pick for survivor

Last week wiped out most of the pool, down to 44/274

I’ve picked SF, CLE, DEN, BUF, TB, IND, ARI, LAR

DAL seems like an easy pick at home vs Denver but I would rather save them for later division games if possible

Other options:

• KC at home vs GB w/o Rodgers, but KC has been hot garbage and maybe Love lights it up against a terrible defense.

• Miami at home vs HOU, as its probably the only place to use Miami. But they are also terrible.

• Pittsburgh at home vs Chicago, probably the only place to use Pittsburgh

I dislike all of those options. Probably would go with KC against the Rodgerless Packers. If KC wants to save their season this is the week to do it imo. Could easily see any of the four teams you’re deciding between lose though.

Full disclosure, I’m out of both my survivor pools with week 5 and 7 exits, so don’t put too much weight behind my input.