Betting on Sports

15/15 club

Sanchez thank you sir. On the board.

I take no credit for this bc I’m using promoguy’s picks, but I’m at five so far tonight with a lot of baseball left :+1: Donaldson, Olson, Hoskins, India, Arozarena. By far my most successful dinger Tuesday yet.

eta: make it six! Tucker

eta: seven! Dickerson!

eta: EIGHT!!! HAASE! WTF IS GOING ON

eta: Polanco makes nine. this is absolutely insane

3 Likes

Literally that’s the entire dingers thread and I’m 1/14 with my lowest odds hitting

Fuck this day

My friend and I both bet every game each week and spreadsheet our profits to lower variance and have a joint sweat. Made 30 HR bets yesterday, with an equal amount of heavier favorites and longer odds on each side. We hit 8. All on his account. Odds of that have to be really slim. I’m really going to miss this promo when they inevitably nuke it.

I got Arozarena (bet him cuz I like his name) but whiffed on the rest. I’m also in the 1/14 club.

Congrats on the big hit. I was just pissy since I lost every bet yesterday and went 1/14 on a day where everyone went 7/14

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Promoguy hitting 9/14 is absolutely insane. Congrats. I was thrilled to go 6/14. I’m up about 2.9k total for the duration of the promo (13 weeks). Can only hope they keep it going.

Yeah that promo is awesome. I wished I had understood it better sooner. I only went 1/14, hitting a +500, and nearly broke even. I’m still learning how promo dollars work. I’m assuming I can use them for next week’s dingers if I still have some left?

I actually think the technical answer is you can’t use your promo funds in another credit-back promotion, but I can confirm I accidentally played a bunch of site credit for a Tuesday dingers a few weeks back and was credited with no problem.

I think using them for next week’s dingers is fine. I’ve seen in past promos where they clearly state using Site Credit is prohibited, but don’t see anything like that in the Dingers promo page.

Looks like we will have at least one more week of the promo. Nice.

It just plays like real money. 1x play through.

Can arb it away on a 0% hold

I’ve only hit 2 HR max in 6 weeks. So sad

Haven’t played this promo yet. You guys who have been doing well, post your picks for me to play next week.

It’s all random

I try to pick 90% guys around +300 and one or two long shots of +500-600

But I burn money so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

I’ll post my plays next week. I do research once lineups are released and I’m done with work. Probably post them around ~540 CT, which might be tight as there are a lot of games starting around 6 next Tuesday.

For those with DK and BSS/BR, NBA Draft:

DK - Garuba o15.5 -150
BSS/BR - Garuba u16.5 +155

Let’s pray for 16.

2 Likes

Simultaneously the longest odds I’ve ever seen posted and the largest gap in lines between two teams. BetFred Sports in Iowa has US Women’s Basketball vs Nigeria as

US -250000
Nigeria +1600

For comparison DK has it as

US -6500
Nigeria +2200

1 Like

Somebody goofed.

Me, for not betting more

7 Likes

IMO, there’s two ways to approach dingers
:

1. Make picks early in the morning. Pros: Get potentially better lines. Cons: Risk the player not starting. If the player doesn’t start, you can bet on another player prior to the start of the game. If the original player you bet on doesn’t play at all, the bet is void. If they end up pinch-hitting, the bet will be graded as a win/loss.

2. Wait until official lineups are posted. Pros: Don’t risk your bet not starting. Cons: Miss out on potentially better lines

I always wait for official lineups. Lots of 6pm CT games tonight. Guessing I will provide my picks around 530pm. GL to all.

I think the better lines potential is outweighed b the fact that your player needs to bat in order to get the dinger bonus for that game. I’ll be waiting today for sure, as I had one game voided last week.