Betting on Sports

I had $25 on Kebryan Hayes to hit a HR at +600 tonight. He hit a homerun! But he didn’t touch first base so he was ruled out after video review. Bet graded as a loss since the HR was called back. Such a stupid, brutal beat.

6 Likes

Anyone uses WynnBET app and has any feedback on it? I got some work call with them.

Had Jazz ml and Clips +3.5, very nice!

2 Likes

Special shout out to Playoff P for the amazing performance and costing me money. Vintage one would say.

The Nets are +3 underdogs… can someone help me comprehend this?

Im in again :)

1 Like

I’m just not sure a team with Kyrie and KD (and maybe Harden) should ever be underdogs.

Home court = 6 point line swing from previous game? I could believe it.

I think Harden is definitely out or if he does somehow play will be fairly limited. Hamstring injuries can be played through to some extent but can also limit your mobility, so are going to limit a player like Harden more than some others.

edit: It’s also playoff Kyrie. But he’s playing against playoff Giannis so maybe they cancel out?

If playoff Giannas keeps taking pull up 3s with 15 left in the shot clock I’m not worried about him.

I’m in for Nets +3.5 also, line makes no sense to me either.

1 Like

I’m trying to nail the best bonuses before leaving MI, what’s the best way to maximize the $1500 pointsbetting “risk-free” bet bonus? (I don’t care about variance)

Harden is still out Thursday, and with him out for Game 2 they were +1.5 at home after the late movement. Going from home to away is worth more than 1.5 points even without a full arena, so the line should be bigger than +3.

From a Bayesian standpoint, you might argue that +1.5 should no longer be the home line given the spankings in the previous two games. However, oddsmakers don’t seem to make such adjustments, because this late into the season after so many games have been played, a few games aren’t enough to influence their calculations. If the Nets were home again, the line would probably be +1.5 again. Whether oddsmakers’ stubbornness is correct is something I’ve been wondering about very recently.

Also, I feel like handicappers make an adjustment in favor of the team that’s coming home trailing 0-2, but I’m in the process of gathering data on that.

1 Like

Brutal. Guessing you did it as part of the FD Dingers Promo? Best promo out there imo. Had a week where I was 1/15 and also a week where I was 7/15. Really fun sweat that usually results in $150-$200 credit.

Yup, it was one of my dinger bets. Still had a great day for the promo at least but that one hurt. Such a fun (and profitable) promo though.

Suns -5.5.

1 Like

Lock of the day

1 Like

I got on PHX -6 +100 because I need to run through a shit load of bonuses this week. Also SEA/DET u6.5 +245 but Seager fucked me over.

This is the first NBA game I’ve watched since the Sonics left Seattle.

I feel for Denver, but Austin Rivers and Campazzo vs Booker and Paul is just too much

1 Like

Jae Crowder has got to be one of the most essential role players on a championship contender. The guy just does everything you want from him.

Sorry that this is the first game you watched in years. It’s good for your bet, but not that fun of a game.