Betting on Sports

Took the Golden Sombrero

1 Like

Yeah I’ve pretty much stopped doing dinger Tuesday completely unless the dinger bet is already EV

1 Like

I wonder how rampant coaches and players betting on games is. With gambling ads everywhere these days combined with just how easy it is to gamble online there’s got to be quite a few of them with gambling problems.

1 Like

25 max not 50 on fanduel boosts now for me

also I’ve been promo banned on betrivers

Idiots though, I’m pretty sure I was down decently on fanduel boosts this year and doubt I was up much if at all on betrivers

well good times never last

Is it a boost that closes tomorrow? Often times FD will limit you on boosts until the day of the event.

Edit: never mind, im limited to $25 on the 7:30pm PA boost.

I’ve seen a few people on twitter complaining about being limited to $25 on FD boosts, so seems like they did a round of nukes.

1 Like

I think this might be for state-specific boosts, but could be wrong.

EDIT: Confirmed limited to $25 as well

About to take the hat trick on getting shut out.
3 weeks in a row. I even did a mini round robin of 10 guys last week and went 0/10. Somewhere between 0-20 and 0-25 the last 3 weeks

I actually had a nice 3 for 4 week last week even though the 3 hits were all under +400. This week is looking like an 0/4 unless someone hits one late for me.

Betting the top 4 games in terms of O/U has netted me $50 every week except for 1 week I only got $45, but that seems to be maxing out the value of it.

Yeah, 4 games seems to be usually enough if you pick the high O/U games. I did have to add a 5th late game last week to get my $50.

just stopped doing dinger tuesday altogether

Same. It’s just not at all exciting anymore, and has not been profitable this year. I used to love Tuesdays.

I’m sure it’s still +ev. I can usually flip the free bets for about $35, and I doubt the edge on the dinger bets if picked well is more than 10%. It’s definitely not as fun though.

That’s the thing for me. Still +ev but I genuinely e joked DT when I had 30 dinger sweats. Nows its just meh.

I only take good weather/dome games with line shopping–there’s been a LOT of good negative HR% weather games for this so it’s been fine only having a few games for the promo for me.

What’s a good sample size for picking games? I’ve been dipping my toe in sports betting this mlb season and have a good % ( 56% pick rate, need work on which games to pick*) so far this month, but feel like sample size is small. (120ish games iirc)

Any formula or suggestion for sample size?

*-150 fav at 60% which is losing, but dogs is at like 52% which is great. But again, sample size.

I’ve been messing around with some MLB betting too and looked into this. Seems like until you get to at least 500 and probably even 1000 you won’t know (although if you are really crushing it you might know sooner).

I’m guessing you know this, but you should be aggressively line shopping (even if you have an edge). Pretty easy to find lines on different books that are off by quite a bit.

For those still doing DT, here’s a list of players where FD has the best line. I would just select a player from the list. The lines can/will change a bit, and there’s no guarantee a player you select now will be in the starting lineup.

I usually wait until the starting lineups. If you don’t, I’d advise taking an everyday player to reduce the risk of the player not starting and pitch hitting. I have a work event tonight, otherwise, I’d post this list again around 6pm CT. GL to all.

2 Likes

Nice, I didn’t realize you could get that multi-game report out of dark horse like that but I just figured it out. With the lack of promos lately I wonder if I bet enough volume to justify the subscription price, but it is very nice.

For Tuesdays I still try to pick the 4 highest scoring games to make a bet from, and if FD doesn’t have a best line from that game I might still pick a player if they are close, which is how I ended up with Goldschmidt tonight. He’s hit 2 dingers and there’s been 3 in that game so far, so I’m off to go a good start.