Betting on Sports

I’m trying to recall a 20+ point spread in the NFL and legit cannot remember seeing one before today, anyone remember one? Surely there have been others and I’m just forgetting. Those early 90s Dallas teams maybe? Patriots from the almost perfect season?

ETA KC bumped to 20.5 this am

Broncos with Manning vs Jags

1 Like

Pats/Dolphins in ‘07 had a >20 point spread when the Pats went 18-1. I believe Miami covered by a point.

I may just take KC and lay the damn points

Ugh I bet the lolions straight up two days ago, lines have moved since that tell me I both made a bad bet and will make less than I would have if I win had I made the bet today fml

Anyone got a lock for yer boy in the early slate?

Far from locks but I’m on NYJ, Miami, and NE early.

Miami is an interesting one. They just dropped to 3.5 here. LA is traveling cross country to play a 1 PM game after a short week. I just worry about LA’s front four v. a QB making his first start behind a shaky O-line.

I don’t think I can take the Jest ever this year, 20 points are a lot but I worry it won’t be enough, they are just soooo bad.

I actually like the under 41 in the NE/Buff game way more than NE.

1 Like

9ers are currently a pickem vs Packers on Thursday. Get your money on them asap.

1 Like

I hit a big odds pick for once

2 Likes

Unreal all those juicy early games I loved and the only one I bet on was the god damn LOLOINS

Two outta tree ain’t bad

2 Likes

Getting back by getting on the iggles

or maybe the opposite of that

sigh

yep this is shaping up to be yet another weekend where I’d be up bigly if I just stick to betting on college games and watching pro games

BC -14 at Cuse

Cuse lost at home to Liberty by 17 and like 24 home against Wake yesterday. BC is better than those teams.

I bet money on the Giants 1Q +225 and 1H +320. Don’t love it, but if the book’s gonna post lines way off market for their fav-loving donks, I’m gonna bet them.

:money_with_wings: :fire:

heh it’s a massive tug of war down here with my guy’s line between the NYG fan transplant bettors and the local honk Bucs fan bettors. Line holding steady at -13, it’s down to 12.5 everywhere else I’ve looked though.

What do you all think of teasers around here? I know the historical consensus is that they are sucker bets to be avoided, especially if you can’t cross 3 or 7, but does that really still hold given how much better Vegas is at setting lines?

Do you originate your own numbers?

If you can actually cap as an advantage bettor it changes the dynamics. It’s still about key numbers but I don’t just key in on Wong teasers or anything. I’ll never pay to cross the zero, for sure.

I don’t usually play more than one or two a week, if that. That’s just personal aversion tho, I don’t find that many spots I feel that confident where I’d rather not just bet a single alt line.

The bolded seems to be a popular take I’ve read. Another is not to tease totals, only lines. Still another is to only tease the underdog up, never the favorite down.

I don’t originate my own numbers, I look at 4-5 sites, compare those with what my guy has, and listen to a couple of sharps I trust and go from there.