Betting on Sports

I’ll be slightly ahead if the Rams don’t score here.

Steelers +3.5 -110 seems like easy +EV. I can’t see them being more than a 3 pt dog at Balt.

1 Like

Guess they don’t like my business

Dear NhlNut,

After a recent review of your betting activity, we are notifying you that your William Hill NJ account is no longer eligible to receive bonuses or participate in any contests or promotions.

You may make a request for reinstatement into bonuses and promotions after 90 days, at which time our Operations Team will review your betting activity and come to a final decision.

Any idea what caused this?

I guess they think I’m bonus whoring. Or not exploitable. Or don’t bet high enough. It’s not like I don’t make donk nfl bets.

2 Likes

I’d legit like to know if they will tell you and you are willing to share (I know an algorithm probably wrote that to you)

I’ve been closed or limited by all the major UK bookies, several times over (different accounts), but this is different.

This is probably about bonus whoring while not putting enough volume through them. If you can use Betfair it’s easy to find some neutral EV bets to rectify that over the next 3 months.

Ya I bet it immediately at 5.5 when the line came out

I don’t pass up a bonus very often, but I don’t lay bets off. I do number shop, so I guess they get left out. I don’t keep close track of which book gets which bets.
Not that it matters. Their Nfl promos generally suck. The mlb, nba, and sign up bonuses were the real deal.

Yeah I only have one lousy out at the moment (local PPH) and it’s costing me like that. No lines until mondays around noon and it’s frustrating watching opportunities disappear by then. I was in time for ATL+3 and SF+3.5(-115) though.

I don’t like dealing with bitcoin. If FendOff at least has lines on Sunday night I’ll give them a try.

Anyone ever seen a o/u drop by a full point inside of a few minutes? I logged into my betting site to bet u47 on Northwestern @ Iowa. I clicked the box and the site takes me to a second screen where I enter my wager amount. I do that, then it takes me to a third screen where I am to confirm everything. All of this is normal, except at the third screen, the o/u has dropped from 47 to 46.

Anyone seen this before? I just can’t imagine there’s this much action on NW at Iowa two days out, especially down here. Certainly not enough to move it a full point. I’ve been on a bit of a heater recently and am a bit paranoid that they are screwing with me.

Were you chasing steam?

If someone does, they’ll see that all the time.

Nah I’m small potatoes

You can still chase steam.

To be clear, that means betting a number that’s moved at a bigger book before it’s moved at yours. It could’ve been bad timing. Unless you’re dealing with a book that deals dual lines. Are we talking about Bovada?

Yeah I know what it means. And honestly I really am such small potatoes that I feel like I’m being paranoid. But between this and the nonsense last weekend where I’m 100% sure I booked the underdog Cincy Bearcats at +105 and my virtual ticket shows me at -105 it just feels like I’m being subtly throttled by these guys.

Like even collecting this week was a chore! When introductions were made I was told that payday was Monday and if it was < 100 either way we carried it over to the next week, fine whatever. The past couple weeks it’s been that way and I have seen this guy at the restaurant where we settle up, he’s a reg there. Well suddenly this week it was well > 100 in my favor and I get a text reading “I’ll get up with you “sometime this week” and we will settle up” and I’m like what the fk? The guy who hooked me up with him wound up calling him up after I told him what was going on and shamed him into coming down to the restaurant and making it right. Just a weird scene. I have a feeling this guy is taking a beating and cutting corners wherever he can. I was a bookie in my younger days, I get it lol

Hit the under on Iowa/NW despite their best efforts to thwart me and got Duke -10.5 tonight.

Amazing moment in gambling history in the OHst/Pennst game.
Foxbet posted a special on “both teams to score in each quarter”. Ohio St qb takes a knee and runs out the clock at his own 35 yard line. As PennSt didn’t score in the 2nd, I mark the loss. But wait, the knee was taken on 4th down and there was 1 second left on the clock when the knee hit. Review. Get the teams out of the locker room. 53 yard FG attempt is GOOD!
Teams just finished scoring in all 4 quarters. WInner!

2 Likes

I’m guessing your local is just paying a PPH to run the site so I think it’s unlikely he is fucking with you.

1 Like

Fucking mormons score 5 TDs in the first half, then pull their QB and stop trying because scoring more than 41.5 points would make baby Jesus cry.

1 Like